Recap of the Cleveland Browns 0-16 parade.

TecmoSuperJoe

9 hours ago, 3rivers said:

just started, and can't believe this.  Will they repeat, that is the question. I mean this is original and strange, but what if during the season the fans start to wear the opponents clots and root for the opponents? Is that next? These fans could  be reaching their breaking point and for them to do this, what will be next?

Actually, while I support the protest, Haslam is after all, the worst owner in pro sports, in all likelihood, with a QB drafted #1 overall, the fan base will continue to support the team for the next 2 seasons just to see how he develops. That is the way it is done with horrible teams, if you want them to continue to buy tickets, otherwise, you would see a pretty empty stadium next season!!!

But IMO, any players who thought the protest unfair, has to be a complete joke after going 1-31 for the last 2 seasons!!!

14 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Why would any player ever want to go to this team now?

Eh. I don't think this protest will change that aspect. Players don't care about fans. Just money and situation. Cleveland was already a grim looking situation 0-16 season/fan protest or not.

13 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Eh. I don't think this protest will change that aspect. Players don't care about fans. Just money and situation. Cleveland was already a grim looking situation 0-16 season/fan protest or not.

On one hand it's a good thing that it is bothering the players, on the other hand they deserve it. 

Lets face it though, a little protest isn't that bad. Imagine if the Cowboys, Patriots or Greenbay would have a 0-16 season. I'm fairly sure some cities would burn.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

if they get a QB they should win 6 games anyways. Williams is a good DC and there is some talent on the team. Might as well enjoy this parade because I doubt there will be one next year. You drafted Orchard and I was hoping we would draft him. How has he been?

Orchard has been bad. He was a great pass rusher in college because he dominated against lower level teams by just over powering them.

In the NFL he is a edge rusher that can only bull rush and has zero counter moves or finesse. He gets stone walled at the line and it's over.

Orchards biggest issue is that he has no bend to be a edge rusher. He can't bend around the corner and get under the LT to use his speed and leverage. He comes off the edge, gets locked up and taken out of the play because he is incredibly stiff.

Just another Browns draft pick that didn't develop into anything productive. You can have him after this year when he's released.

14 hours ago, 3rivers said:

just started, and can't believe this.  Will they repeat, that is the question. I mean this is original and strange, but what if during the season the fans start to wear the opponents clots and root for the opponents? Is that next? These fans could  be reaching their breaking point and for them to do this, what will be next?

The team left town once on the fans.  Maybe it will get to the point where the fans decide to leave town on the team.  I know that won't happen, though, because Cleveland's fan base is one of the best in the league.  Jimmy Haslem doesn't know how lucky he is to have them.

14 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

The only way Cleveland can ever improve is if their Owner finally sees the light and lets someone else either owns the team or just have full control over the team like his GM!!!

I believe the parade is right on, it lets the owner know he cannot show his face in Cleveland and that he may be looking at millions of dollars in lost revenue if the fan base refuses to buy tickets. It could just open up the possibility of him selling the franchise, which would be a great relief for Brown's fans!!!

Or they'll just move the team.....again

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Orchard has been bad. He was a great pass rusher in college because he dominated against lower level teams by just over powering them.

In the NFL he is a edge rusher that can only bull rush and has zero counter moves or finesse. He gets stone walled at the line and it's over.

Orchards biggest issue is that he has no bend to be a edge rusher. He can't bend around the corner and get under the LT to use his speed and leverage. He comes off the edge, gets locked up and taken out of the play because he is incredibly stiff.

Just another Browns draft pick that didn't develop into anything productive. You can have him after this year when he's released.

you think he will be released in spring 2018?

50 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

you think he will be released in spring 2018?

I would say its 50/50. Not only because his play is nothing greater than 4th rotational LB, but the Browns just hired another new regime and his role as rotational Edge Rusher will probably be filled by somebody else in FA or this draft.

Like the guy a lot, good dude- but I can't remember the last time he made a play in 3 years that stood out to me that wasn't in the preseason against backups.

I will say he is solid in run stopping and does get some TFLs here and there by stuffing the run, but his role is outside pass rusher and he is not a very good pass rusher at all.

Maybe he can go somewhere and be another Taylor Gabriel or Willie Snead type with change of scenery, but right now with the Browns he is not very impactful which sucks because he seems like a great guy with great attitude.

maybe 3-4 OLB is better for him, and with his WR skills, a few INT's along the way.  Sometimes the change in scenery /scheme is what helps most.  His trade value now would be low it appears, what would you expect for him if a trade was to happen?

Archived