Pick 2: The 'Got-to-Have-'em' Draft Prospects

Mind Character

4 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I think Vita's size separates him from our DL.  He's tall and long compared to our DL who are mostly short and stout.  He is 6'5" 330ish lbs, where the rest of our DTs are 6'2 or shorter.  I think he could add a different dynamic to our front four.  Depending on speed and more so quickness he could move along the DL on run downs.   

Yeah, he’s a different animal than what we have.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, he’s a different animal than what we have.

He's not Ngata and that's no knock on him...Ngata and Poe were from beyond the solar system and are much better athletes.

Interestingly enough...The Washington Coaches play him on Punt team in a chase role!!!

Wait until the draft talk community learns this fact...that a behemoth is used in an tackle chase role on punt coverage.

He's not crazy fast but his effort and hustle on punt team has been used (according to Wash U coaches) to transform their dismal punt coverage earlier in the season as proof to the players on special teams that it's more about effort and grit than anything.

Coaches cited that it changed the attitude and demeanor of special teams group seeing their best player volunteer for punt coverage and hauling azz to make a tackle.

He'll be a beloved player by coaches come draft time.

I ultimately think we need an inside pressure sack master 3-tech and Vita Vae despite his amazing toughness, being a rare athletic human being, strength, and skill doesn't offer us more than Shelton from a functionally standpoint.

Great player...

58 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

He's a certified freak... definitely one of my favorites, but he's a lot like Minkah Fitzpatrick in that we already have a player that makes his skill set redundant (you're right Shelton in Vita's cae; Jabrill in Minkah's case)

Im not real big on Minkah either for us. I dont think hes a true lockdown corner, a position much more valuable and a need. Id rather draft Joshua Jackson. I really like Damian harris, burst, strength, vision, and tremendous character. Heard he has one of the best characters in this draft. Orlando Browns stiffness is my only concern with him. I like Anthony Miller a bunch, but he has a slight issue with drops; of 89 catchable passes, he caught 78, dropping 11 balls according to PFF.

20 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

He's not Ngata and that's no knock on him...Ngata and Poe were from beyond the solar system and are much better athletes.

Interestingly enough...The Washington Coaches play him on Punt team in a chase role!!!

Wait until the draft talk community learns this fact...that a behemoth is used in an tackle chase role on punt coverage.

He's not crazy fast but his effort and hustle on punt team has been used (according to Wash U coaches) to transform their dismal punt coverage earlier in the season as proof to the players on special teams that it's more about effort and grit than anything.

Coaches cited that it changed the attitude and demeanor of special teams group seeing their best player volunteer for punt coverage and hauling azz to make a tackle.

He'll be a beloved player by coaches come draft time.

I ultimately think we need an inside pressure sack master 3-tech and Vita Vae despite his amazing toughness, being a rare athletic human being, strength, and skill doesn't offer us more than Shelton from a functionally standpoint.

Great player...

Yeah, Ill see what we have in our already young talented DT room and see the type of progression they make then wait for Ed Oliver.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We have two quality starters at guard, both with 50 million + newly signed deals and you want to draft another one in the first round?

Good point to make but two issues. First, I included tackles, too. Second, I don't know how much play Bitonio has missed during his tenure but it has been more than you would want. Thanks for the reply. 

5 minutes ago, HH650 said:

Good point to make but two issues. First, I included tackles, too. Second, I don't know how much play Bitonio has missed during his tenure but it has been more than you would want. Thanks for the reply. 

He just played all 16 games?

The games he missed in 2016 were due to a bone fracture, which isn’t the type of injury that points to “injury prone”.

I can appreciate out of the box thinking, but a guard in the first is asinine.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He just played all 16 games?

The games he missed in 2016 were due to a bone fracture, which isn’t the type of injury that points to “injury prone”.

I can appreciate out of the box thinking, but a guard in the first is asinine.

Unless they can play QB as well as the top 50% of QB's in the league.  Then it would be fine.  

4 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Unless they can play QB as well as the top 50% of QB's in the league.  Then it would be fine.  

I’d settle for a 54% completion pct out of said offensive guard. Would be an upgrade at least at one position, though not guard.

I don't know if I have a got to have guy yet but Sony Michel is pretty close for me. I also would love for the Browns to take Ade Aruna or Kemoko Turay as a developmental pass rush prospect. Been a big fan of Braden Smith for a few years now but count me in the group that doesn't believe we need more guards. Jessie Bates has big time potential IMO and the best piece of clay for a coach to mold as a FS in this draft. He has his flaws but he has great range and ball skills. Good coaching will put him in the pro bowl for sure.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I don't know if I have a got to have guy yet but Sony Michel is pretty close for me. I also would love for the Browns to take Ade Aruna or Kemoko Turay as a developmental pass rush prospect. Been a big fan of Braden Smith for a few years now but count me in the group that doesn't believe we need more guards. Jessie Bates has big time potential IMO and the best piece of clay for a coach to mold as a FS in this draft. He has his flaws but he has great range and ball skills. Good coaching will put him in the pro bowl for sure.

Was Braden Smith the freak who benched 495 or whatever for a couple reps in HS?

My can't miss prospects in order. First rounder's overall ranking before name.

Top 5:

1. Josh Rosen 

2. Sam Darnold

3. Saquon Barkley 

4. Minkah Fitzpatrick

5-15:

5. Bradley Chubb

6. Derwin James

8. Roquan Smith

9. Baker Mayfield

15. Denzel Ward

16-32:

18. Josh Allen

21. Calvin Ridley

25. Billy Price

2nd:

Orlando Brown Jr.

Carlton Davis

Sony Michel

3rd:

Desmond Harrison

Deshon Elliot

4-6:

Marcus Allen

Braxton Berrios

Even though i am in New Zealand I have had a special tip off from one of my sources about a playa coming out in the draft in 2018. Set the NCAA record for the most electronic footballs caught in one season with over 2000. 

This playa is none other than @LETSGOBROWNIES my source is my mum.

On 1/7/2018 at 12:27 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s what your momma said too.

On 12/16/2017 at 3:06 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Kiwibrown, this is me not making a joke about your momma liking a salty Rod Johnson.

On 12/2/2017 at 1:16 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My bad, I'm always getting you and your momma mixed up.

On 10/30/2017 at 4:43 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Your momma agrees.

On 10/26/2017 at 12:46 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not what your mom said. 

Weaknesses. 

my informant tells tells me that @LETSGOBROWNIES constantly takes bad angles. This is made worse by a complete lack of length. Also reported small hands under 6"

Strengths.

One of those those guys that is all effort. A part from extreme speed., with @LETSGOBROWNIES its all over in a flash.

Grade

Priority free agent. no long term potential. 

(I yo momma'd myself, I do realize).

Archived