*Mock Offseason*

KimuraGod

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with this. I think if Cousins is brought in we immediately are a contender and adding Dez for a mid late round pick is a steal. The question would be would we even consider him with trying to clean up the locker room.

That’s the gamble. As I said before I think it’s a no brainier if we draft a qb. We stay very much away from Dez.

But if we bring in a guy like Cousins then I’d take the risk and go get him. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

He graded out as the number 8 LB in the league this year and that covers every LB, not just ILB's.  Spotrac estimates his market value at 8.5 mil per year.

Wow I’m surprised at that. ?

I just don’t see a team offering him that kind of money. I certainly wouldn’t want to if I’m honest would you?

Would be nice to keep him around but that feels too expensive for my liking!! 

19 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I just don’t see a team offering him that kind of money. I certainly wouldn’t want to if I’m honest would you?

I probably would to be honest.  It sounds like a lot, but if we get this level of play, he'll be well worth it.  Somebody will likely give it to him. 

I really like your post and commentary. It was a fun read. Now to the technical stuff.

I like the FA. Big fan of the Jets getting Fuller and Robey-Coleman. The reality is most teams play 5 DBs and we don't have any starting level CBs outside of Claiborne who we also have to sign. Robey-Coleman allows us to cover the slot. Also, Adams showed promise covering Gronk during the last game. So, with this off-season, we should be able to play well against the pass. 

With the draft, I actually don't think it's unrealistic for Chubb to drop 6. 9 might be a stretch but not a crazy idea. I can't see McGlinchy lasting until the 30th pick. So really my main critic of this offseason is the draft seems a bit unrealistic. 

27 minutes ago, xenajets said:

He had a grade of 87 which was the highest grade on the Jets. A close 2nd and 3rd were Williams at 85 and McLendon at 83. No other Jet graded higher than an 80.

Couple his PFF grade plus his actual stats (he led the Jets with 5 sacks), he likely we get a decent pay increase. 

32 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I probably would to be honest.  It sounds like a lot, but if we get this level of play, he'll be well worth it.  Somebody will likely give it to him. 

Well we will soon find out on what we think is reasonable. Like @jetskid007 mentioned in a different thread, we are going to be forced into spending big money this offseason because of the cap floor. So you may well be right!! 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

I really like your post and commentary. It was a fun read. Now to the technical stuff.

I like the FA. Big fan of the Jets getting Fuller and Robey-Coleman. The reality is most teams play 5 DBs and we don't have any starting level CBs outside of Claiborne who we also have to sign. Robey-Coleman allows us to cover the slot. Also, Adams showed promise covering Gronk during the last game. So, with this off-season, we should be able to play well against the pass. 

With the draft, I actually don't think it's unrealistic for Chubb to drop 6. 9 might be a stretch but not a crazy idea. I can't see McGlinchy lasting until the 30th pick. So really my main critic of this offseason is the draft seems a bit unrealistic. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Like Iv said I’m not sure if McGlinchy will be there to trade up for but there’s about 5-6 LTs that are first round worthy. Each site has them rated differently. 

I like your new free agents. I don’t think we bring back Kony. By the end of the year, even without Mo, his snap count was down. Basically after the first few games he was invisible when on the field.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EalyKo00/fantasy/2017

Also I’m not sold on Chubb as an OLB. .At 275 I think he would be a better fit as a 43 DE. I would want to see his LBer drills at the combine and also know his twitch and explosiveness scores before drafting him

McGlinchey could fall to 30 depending on how he measures up against some of the other OT candidates like Williams, Brown, Okorafor, O’Neil etc

On the other hand imo Josh Jackson is a borderline first rounder and Guice probably will be a top 20 pick. If they fall to us I would be ecstatic but I just don’t see it happening. 

On 08/01/2018 at 10:43 PM, ekill08x said:

good mock. not going to criticize the numbers because nobody really knows how the market will price so thats not even worth debating. great mock.

Exactly. For years we have overthought what players would get. Sometimes there are overpaid and sometimes not as expensive as we would think. It’s all guess work at this stage. 

3 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I like your new free agents. I don’t think we bring back Kony. By the end of the year, even without Mo, his snap count was down. Basically after the first few games he was invisible when on the field.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EalyKo00/fantasy/2017

Also I’m not sold on Chubb as an OLB. .At 275 I think he would be a better fit as a 43 DE. I would want to see his LBer drills at the combine and also know his twitch and explosiveness scores before drafting him

McGlinchey could fall to 30 depending on how he measures up against some of the other OT candidates like Williams, Brown, Okorafor, O’Neil etc

On the other hand imo Josh Jackson is a borderline first rounder and Guice probably will be a top 20 pick. If they fall to us I would be ecstatic but I just don’t see it happening. 

I know what you mean with Chubb. If he lost say ten kinds to play OLB he could be used like Suggs who will be a down lineman a lot  but capable of standing and rushing too.

In terms of the draft your spot on. We really don’t know how the OT class will shake out but I really like the thought of trading back up for our future franchise left tackle. 

I think you are getting mixed up with Josh Jackson from Iowa and JC Jackson from Maryland. Josh Jackson will be a first round pick for sure but JC (who I have in this draft) is really talented but comes with some red flags.

Archived