Revisit Joe Haden Trade/Abilities

skywlker32

There was a lot of discussion with Browns fans early in the season regarding the abilities of Joe Haden at this point of his career (many Browns fans saying that we would hate Haden by the end of the season). At the time of the trade, I believed he would come in and be a solid number 2 CB, but has outplayed Burns this year and has been a very good number 1 when healthy this year. How do the rest of you feel about Haden with the season over and going into the postseason?

Additionally in those discussions, it was mentioned that Haden likely struggled in Cleveland due to lack of pass rush, which Browns fans noted was false and that the Browns have a better pass rush that what the Steelers would this year. This is especially funny looking back at it to me (new franchise mark for sacks this season for the Steelers and number 1 in the league in the stat).

Trade?

He has been solid, but unspectacular.  I think his leadership and communication on the field are his biggest asset.  There has been clear confusion when he isn’t on the field.   

The Steelers were #1 against the pass for much of the time when he was healthy.  

I think it was a good signing.  

I think he's far and away the best CB on the team.  Best DB on the team.  #4 player on defense behind Heyward, Tuitt and Shazier, and right ahead of Watt.  

I always thought Haden was a stud though.  In college he was a stud even though he tested horribly at the combine.  I just love the way he plays.  I didn't watch him much with Cleveland, but we all know he was hurt and their team/scheme/talent level around him sucked.  I still can't believe he fell into our laps like that.

7 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Thank you Cleveland.

I was shocked that colbert made the signing happen. At that point I thought he was serous about winning now. The CB's needed Haden type player IMO. Colbert could have waited around and tried to lower the price etc, but he got the deal done asap, which shocked me but gave optimism for the season.  He had some time off but I think by now he will be near 90% and after the jags game should be near 100%. I expect Brady to attack him though, and really see where Haden is at (if we play the pats)

On 1/8/2018 at 12:02 PM, Blitzburgh said:

Trade?

He has been solid, but unspectacular.  I think his leadership and communication on the field are his biggest asset.  There has been clear confusion when he isn’t on the field.   

The Steelers were #1 against the pass for much of the time when he was healthy.  

I think it was a good signing.  

Sorry, typing before thinking.  mind automatically associates it as a trade because it was a big move.

Archived