Bears Hiring Matt Nagy

The Gnat

This makes a lot of sense. I mentioned Nagy in the Gen thread for future head coaches, and this is probably the spot that makes the most amount of sense. He should really help Trubisky out....provided that they can get him any sort of weapons moving forward. 

• Like 1

Sample size is small but our offense reignited once he took over play calling from Big Red. I personally think him being a head coach already is too quick and he could've used more seasoning but I think he'll sort that Offense out before too long.

I would've liked to have him back next year to continue to build us up with Mahomes but wish him well in Chi.

16 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

after that second half game calling this past weekend, this is interesting...

You could have said the same thing about Kyle Shanahan after the debacle in the super bowl last year though.  Granted, Shanny has a much larger track record, but I think it's important not to let a single game be a determining factor. He's young, maybe he learned from it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Seems like a reach. He’s only been calling plays for a few weeks. This has always been Andy’s offense. 

I think that success of Pederson in Philly definitely helped...he was in a similar situation as that was always Reid's offense and playcalling for him too. The success of Goff / McVay had to be a huge help as well. If they think that Trubisky is comparable to Wentz / Goff, and could see the kind of jump that those two exhibited this year, it makes a ton of sense. Shurmur would have made a lot of sense given the larger body of work, but it's possible that they just didnt' want to have to wait until the Vikings were eliminated to make their choice. It's the crappy thing about being a coordinator for being a really good team - I'm sure that there have been plenty of times when a qualified and deserving coordinator lost out because his team was doing too well in the playoffs. 

This move could definitely blow up in their face McDaniel's style, but I'd prefer them take a shot on Nagy over hiring a Fox like retread if I were a Bears fan to be honest

• Like 1