Nagy Gone to Chicago

Chiefs_5627

The NFL really needs to change the rules to where coaches can't schedule interviews until their teams season is over. Last time this happened was Charlie Weiss and like this weekend, our offense crapped the bed in the playoffs.

Maybe it's coincidence. But I don't like it.

More coaches I expect to be gone:

Heck (fired)
Reid Jr (hired somewhere else upon mutual agreement)
Thomas (retired)
Gibbs (fired/no extension)
Tommy Brasher (retired) - what was he doing anyway?

Sutton I have no clue. But as I predict most defensive position coaches gone it might be prudent to clear house.

I don't think Toub will land a HC job, so he may be back. After this years' performance I'm not that sure that's automatically a good thing. ST looked mediocre at best (other than buttkicker.com and may be an overpayed Colquitt).

On 1/8/2018 at 1:49 PM, Chiefs_5627 said:

Might be interesting:

@KC_Guy here's clarification, as far as, playcalls anyway:

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/09/matt-nagy-called-all-second-half-plays-in-chiefs-playoff-loss-to-titans/

Here are Nagy’s direct quotes from his presser, via Terez Paylor of the Kansas City Star:

“I called every single play in the second half,” Nagy said. “That’s a learning situation for me. I’ve gone back, I’ve looked at it. There’s scenarios where I wish I would have made some different choices with the playcall. But that was a failure in my book, for me. But I’ll grow from it, and I’ll learn from it, I promise you that. I’ll use that as a strength here for me with the Chicago Bears.

“You lose a player like Kelce, you’ve got to adapt. I know that our offensive staff supports me, Coach Reid supports me, but I called every play in that second half, I stand by it, and I promise you I’m gonna learn from it.”

Maybe he's telling the truth but what else was he supposed to do? Throw his mentor and former boss under the buss in front of the media and his new bosses? It looks 10x better to bite the bullet, admit to it (cover Reid), and say it's a learning experience. 

Agreed. Which is why I'm so excited to have someone like Matt Nagy who handled that question and situation almost identically to how Reid would've. 

Greg Gabriel was a former exec in Chicagos FO and he's still very active on twitter. Anyways, he said something today about Matt Nagy being the ONLY Andy Reid assistant that he's ever turned play calling duties over too. Is that true?

Archived