Nagy Gone to Chicago

Chiefs_5627

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It also seems pretty logical that the Bears with no WRs will make a run at Albert Wilson.

Watching at least the Nagy games I was surprised how often you guys attack vertical in the slot with Wilson.

Good player?

He's solid, as our #3/4 option he did very well. He's got great speed. Lots of clutch catches. But he's known as alligator arms Wilson for a reason too.

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It also seems pretty logical that the Bears with no WRs will make a run at Albert Wilson.

Watching at least the Nagy games I was surprised how often you guys attack vertical in the slot with Wilson.

Good player?

Good #3, but I wouldn't want him as more than that. He has excellent physical tools. He's fast, agile, accelerates quickly, and is surprisingly strong given those traits. But his routes are only okay, not great, his concentration lapses leading to semi-regular drops, and he's probably the least capable blocker of our current corp. So he's a definite asset as a 3rd target and slot guy. Good enough at YAC and capable of getting behind the defense to where he's a threat shallow and deep. Just not reliable enough to be more than a 40ish catch kind of guy.

12 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Good #3, but I wouldn't want him as more than that. He has excellent physical tools. He's fast, agile, accelerates quickly, and is surprisingly strong given those traits. But his routes are only okay, not great, his concentration lapses leading to semi-regular drops, and he's probably the least capable blocker of our current corp. So he's a definite asset as a 3rd target and slot guy. Good enough at YAC and capable of getting behind the defense to where he's a threat shallow and deep. Just not reliable enough to be more than a 40ish catch kind of guy.

I thought his blocking was pretty good for his size.

We should try to keep Wilson. I agree that he's not a #1/2 type of player, but he's a good gadget player to have around and a capable #3 receiver. I also liked the chemistry he seems to have with Mahomes. Both worked very good together vs the Broncos. Mahomes put the trust in Wilson on certain throws and wasn't let down by him.

I do think that Wilson has an important role in our dynamic Offense.

7 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I thought his blocking was pretty good for his size.

I feel like he had a good year blocking in 2016, but it seemed to me we pulled him off the field more often this year when we wanted a better blocker in there. Only reason I could see why Robinson got more snaps after Conley's injury than Wilson did. I may be wrong there though.

Our desperation for WR may make it worthwhile for him to test the market. My guess is he would fill the same role for the Bears.

Not sure what the Chiefs cap room looks like but after watching Trubisky play for an entire year with 1 #3 WR and a bunch of UDFAs my guess is we are going to pay him.

here's your next QB coach (via rotoworld):

Chiefs hired Mike Kafka as quarterbacks coach.

He'll be tasked with mentoring 2017 No. 10 overall pick Patrick Mahomes. Kafka earned the promotion after spending last season as a quality control coach. Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, Pat Shurmur, and Brad Childress have all served as Andy Reid's QBs coach, and all four went on to become NFL head coaches.

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

here's your next QB coach (via rotoworld):

Chiefs hired Mike Kafka as quarterbacks coach.

He'll be tasked with mentoring 2017 No. 10 overall pick Patrick Mahomes. Kafka earned the promotion after spending last season as a quality control coach. Doug Pederson, Matt Nagy, Pat Shurmur, and Brad Childress have all served as Andy Reid's QBs coach, and all four went on to become NFL head coaches.

Not surprising in the least.

Terez A. Paylor‏ @TerezPaylor

Chiefs have made some additional coaching staff changes beyond the ones I reported, including the parting of ways with linebackers coach Gary Gibbs.

Not really surprised. I think he was the last man standing on the coaching staff from the pre-Reid era.

Archived