Bears Hire Matt Nagy

WindyCity

Just now, Sugashane said:

Very happy with this signing! I'm amazed this was after the first interview, but the tweet about it being decided before the playoff game seems highly unlikely.

Shaheen will be a huge part of the offense, and we are going to need to add some speed on the outside, but this will fit very well IMO.

Coach Nagy it is!!

I think it was more about him prepping for the interview and could not game plan. Which to me looks poorly on him. 

Excited by the hire.  It shows for better or worse that Pace is in charge, and McCaskey and Phillips were there just as they said they were, sounding boards for Pace.  Maybe the meatheads will realize that the Bears are being ran like a professional organization right now and stop blaming the McCaskeys for everything that happens at Halas Hall.

Just now, Nads786 said:

I think it was more about him prepping for the interview and could not game plan. Which to me looks poorly on him. 

Still seems off to me. Reid wouldn't do that, he would have said he can prep after the game or on his own time. Reid is a professional and would expect nothing less of his staff IMO.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IotaNet said:

Bombshell! Nagy to Bears was a done deal before Chiefs playoff game. Reid took back play scheming and calling to allow Nagy time to prep for his interview. Nagy helped script first 15 plays with Reid, who then took over play calling.

That's incredible, as in I cannot believe it. 

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Still seems off to me. Reid wouldn't do that, he would have said he can prep after the game or on his own time. Reid is a professional and would expect nothing less of his staff IMO.

I think you've got it wrong.  I have no idea if this is true - but i know that Andy Reid does everything in his power to help his assistants.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if Reid told Nagy to take a couple of hours and prepare for the biggest interview of his life.  Say what you will about Reid's coaching - but his coaching tree is unbelievable and a lot of that is because of how Reid hires/develops/prepares his coaches to move up and on.

Wow, I didn't really see that coming.  All the hype was to Flip, Shurmur, or McDaniels, and I'm pretty happy its not Shurmur or McDaniels.  I'm excited moving forward, hopefully he can get this offense humming.  It does seem like Andy Reid definitely churns out good coaching prospects, so this is one I'm pretty content with.