Bears Hire Matt Nagy

WindyCity

This hire makes sense. Nagy wants to work with Trubisky, and that’s what everything will center around. It’s WCO with spread mixed it, which is a decent fit. Nagy is also a little more seasoned than DeFilippo, so he hopefully can put together a better staff.

DeFilipo was my first choice, and I was curious about Carmichael schematically (though rumor is he isn't much a leader)... But Nagy makes me much happier than McDaniels or Shurmer...and this probably fits our team's roster the best... I also imagine, giving the timing,  that Vic gets retained/resigned tonight. 

I am pretty pleased with this hire.  I had some questions on whether Nagy would be able to command a room as a head coach but obviously every candidate out there has the same question marks.  The fact that the Reid coaching tree has produced some stellar coaches in this league plus Reid himself saying that Nagy was his best ever HC prospect gives me some reassurance. 

I will trust that Pace did right on this one as this is the most critical decision he has had to make outside of drafting Mitch. 

Glad this process is over with.

Bombshell! Nagy to Bears was a done deal before Chiefs playoff game. Reid took back play scheming and calling to allow Nagy time to prep for his interview. Nagy helped script first 15 plays with Reid, who then took over play calling.
Edited by IotaNet

6 minutes ago, IotaNet said:

Bombshell! Nagy to Bears was a done deal before Chiefs playoff game. Reid took back play scheming and calling to allow Nagy time to prep for his interview. Nagy helped script first 15 plays with Reid, who then took over play calling.

This cannot be true can it?

Very happy with this signing! I'm amazed this was after the first interview, but the tweet about it being decided before the playoff game seems highly unlikely.

Shaheen will be a huge part of the offense, and we are going to need to add some speed on the outside, but this will fit very well IMO.

Coach Nagy it is!!

• Like 1