Divisional Round - Patriots vs Titans

tonyto36

4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

PLAYOFF football! It's back and I couldn't be more pumped. Overall, I don't think we could have asked for a better first round opponent. I actually preferred the Titans opposed to the Bills, just because of the division factor and how difficult it is to beat a team three times in a season. Some thoughts…

1)  Just have this weird gut feeling that if we win the toss that Belichick is going to take the ball to start. I know, I know, his MO is to defer. But I really think he wants to take the ball, hopefully drive down the field, score a TD and make Mariota and this Titans team play from behind. Not that the Titans will abandon the run game that early, but I think he'll really want to put the pressure on them right off the get go.

2)  That being said, I could see us starting slow coming off the bye, the rust factor and a lot of key offensive weapons coming back from injury. But overall, our offense going to eat. Game plan wise…I think we're going to see a different Patriots offense than we've seen the last few weeks. By that I mean, less of the Dion Lewis show and more of a passing attack. McDaniels game plan SHOULD be to spread the Titans out and pass the ball. The Titans are awful against defending tight ends and receiving backs. Luckily for us, we have the best tight end of all time and James White returning. I'm expecting both to eat. I'm not sure about Burkhead's health status; you could very well replace my White's big game prediction with Burkheads if he's relatively healthy. Travis Kelce was destroying the Titans before he went down and as we know, Gronk is a much better player than Kelce.

3) Another area to attack the Titans secondary is via the deep pass. Just look how Hill was exploiting them last week. This bodes well for Cooks and Hogan.

4)  My biggest area of concern about the Titans offense is Mariota's mobility. I don't think he's a good QB, like at all. As a passer he's inaccurate and inconsistent. But we've seen how mobile QB's typically give us fits.

5)  Davis is the WR I'm most worried about. He's super athletic and talented. Decker is washed up. Walker is a very solid TE but I'm confident in Chung, I think Walker is the type of TE that Chung really excels against.

My prediction- 31-21 Patriots. We see Jacksonville in Foxboro next week. #OneForTheOtherHand

I love seeing stuff like this. Did you not watch his first two years in the league? 

10 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Is this the worst team NE has faced in the playoffs during this run? It’s either this titans team, the TEEEEBOW broncos or last years Texans. Last years texans at least had a good defense

Why would you say this? Have you no respect for the god of hubris?

I come in peace from Titans land.. The Pats are heavy favorites and should be , there the best team in football for a reason. The cards are deffinetly stacked against Tennessee and it would take 60 minutes of the best football ever played by the Titans to have a chance let alone win. However most of the media, experts, and fans haven't watched this team all year so all they do is go off stats and that's it which doesn't do this team justice. 

What people dont don't understand is this team is nothing like it was during the season and more so looks like the team we had last year and that's due to Mariotas health. The Titans played extra conservative this year because of Mariotas hamstring which made him a one dimensional quarterback and takes away his biggest threat(his legs). As of now reports say  he's the healthiest he's been all year and he seems to be using his legs extremely well the last two weeks.

Also this team rode Demarco Murray all year who just looked old, slow, and on his last leg. Everyone in Titania was asking for Henry to start but he just wasn't getting the looks and that's a big part we wanted Mularkey gone . But Once he got the chance to start he caught a screen that went for 50 plus agaianst the jags (which Murray would not of broke away there), and had over 150 last week at Arrowhead. 

This all being said the Pats are likely to win but the talk  about this team being a cakewalk is nonsense. Here is another stat that is overlooked...

When Henry is on the field Mariota has 9tds and 1int . Only two teams have seen Mariota and Henry start together and both are playoff teams who lost to us. 

If we lose I'm rooting for the Pats because I hate the Steelers and no one that's a Titans fan wants to see the Jags win. Here's to a healthy free game ..  Csnt wait for Saturday 

5 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Titans defense vs. good QB's this season:

Jared Goff 301 Yards, 4 TD's.

Jimmy G 381 Yards, 1 TD's.

Big Ben 299 Yards, 4 TD's.

Wilson 373 Yards, 4 TD's.

Smith 264 Yards, 2 TDs.

Brady should have a field day with this Titan's D.

To be fair, Wilson did the majority of that in garbage time, and Smith did absolutely nothing in the 2nd half. Can't really argue the others though.

Another Titans fan here. This first poster had a prediction close to mine...I think we miss a couple of opportunities early and play better in the second half like we always do...ends up 38-20. Titans fans will feel like it was closer and you guys will roll on with out a second thought of us. My best friend is a Pats fan so I will be rooting for you guys the rest of the way.

Hope we play well, our weakness is that guys don't step up except for Mariota...drops, fumbles, and WR's running the wrong routes causing interceptions. Would be nice to play a good clean game and lose to the better team as opposed to our usual...shrinking in the moment!! Cheers and heres to an injury free game!!

P.S. I hope I am wrong and we shock the world!!!

Archived