Divisional Round - Patriots vs Titans

tonyto36

Very bullish, 1FtT. I'd have expected a less closer scoreline judging by your analysis, lol.

For balance, I'll explain why we could lose (IMO), not that I think we will;

Mobile QB, very good back who's hard to put down and the screen game. Does this sound like Carolina, at all? Who we cannot beat, it seems.

I think Mariota will scrape off some big gains, but as long as he doesn't do what Watson did (run around for 30 seconds then unleash a 45 yard bomb that is caught unopposed), then I think we'll do our usual trick of gifting yards but trading TDs for FGs. Same with Henry, I think he WILL get his yards, but if we clamp down in the RZ and trade TDs for FGs, then we should never really be under pressure.

They love the screen game; bubbles, smoke, WR, HB - everything. We aren't that good at defending those, given our corners can't really set an edge, and our LBs aren't that mobile. KVN is going to have to play and play well. 

So, I do think they'll be productive, but I think if our offense just does it's job - we should put a nasty score on them. Byard is good though, really good. It won't be ALL plain sailing with the over-middle play.

TEN forum is up to 20 pages already :$ 

If they beat us, I'd actually adopt them. Pretty likeable team with Mariota, Lewan etc. 

That being said, given the following; "Brady is done", ESPN article, BB leaving etc, I want us to lay down a marker and remind everyone that coming after NE is just futile. 

I miss being a confident fan, I love that you guys are so confident...with very good reason BTW. I think we are a fanbase that is extremely pessimistic. Hopefully over the next ten years things will flip and we will begin to play consistently good. This is why we are so shocked at Jags fans being so confident.

Drop on by our forum after you guys slice us up and then we go three and out...it turns ugly!! I just hope we play our best and give you guys a legit game...win or lose.

25 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I miss being a confident fan, I love that you guys are so confident...with very good reason BTW. I think we are a fanbase that is extremely pessimistic. Hopefully over the next ten years things will flip and we will begin to play consistently good. This is why we are so shocked at Jags fans being so confident.

Drop on by our forum after you guys slice us up and then we go three and out...it turns ugly!! I just hope we play our best and give you guys a legit game...win or lose.

I was lurking on your forum on the opening game vs Oakland. You're right lol

I'm sure you will give us a good game. You have tools to cause us genuine problems. Enjoy man.

The combination of this defense loving to give up 3rd and long conversions and the mobility of Mariota scares the crap out of me.

Pats need to get a lead early and force the Titans to get away from their strength (run game).

55 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

That's not surprising, this is exciting territory they havent been in in awhile. Meanwhile for us, this is a yearly thing. 

Don't remember the exact stat line but saw an info-graphic of Brady in the divisional round.

IIRC something like 11-1, 3700 yards, 27 TDs, 3 INT or something stupid.  

Really hoping Hogan plays well.  We're going to need him to be a legit 2/1b like he was in the beginning of the year to make a run.  Opens up for everything and gets Cooks back involved.  Offense has been getting by with smoke and mirrors the past month.   I don't think it's sustainable to run through the playoffs on the back of Lewis.

49 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Don't remember the exact stat line but saw an info-graphic of Brady in the divisional round.

IIRC something like 11-1, 3700 yards, 27 TDs, 3 INT or something stupid.  

That's laughable. It's so good that it's ridiculous and laughable. Imagine those were your QBs stats going into week 13 of a regular season

Archived