2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades/Mini FA

IrishHooligan00

On 1/8/2018 at 1:47 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

I have jags going after sutton cuz of losing robinson. Also i think any FA QB will be better then Bortles hah. But Kirk gives yall more consistency then any other QB available unless Eli is available. 

We could hypothetically still need a wr even with arob tagged. Lee is a fa and hurns can be cut with 0 cap ramifications.  

Arob-cole-westbrook is decent but throw Sutton next to arob and we would be great. 

Our coach wants to be a run heavy team ideally i believe.  To me spending 20+ on a qb to manage the game isnt smart football when u have only 39 million in cap space and will be needing to extend Yannick Ngakoue and Myles Jack and jalen Ramsey. 

On 1/8/2018 at 11:31 AM, Mastercheddaar said:

Nice FA for Cleveland. But the draft kind of lacks. If we have Bridgewater then I'm guessing we have our QB. Why draft Allen at 9#? I would wait and draft a guy in the late 2nd or 3rd. We should target the best OT at #9 then. As for the #22 trade, way too much to move up 10 spots for a position that we do not need. 2 2nds a 3rd and a future top ten pick next year for #22? please.... 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I think Cleveland will draft a real early QB, either Rosen or Donald, and then get the starting QB this year, pay him well, a

On 1/8/2018 at 11:31 AM, Mastercheddaar said:

Nice FA for Cleveland. But the draft kind of lacks. If we have Bridgewater then I'm guessing we have our QB. Why draft Allen at 9#? I would wait and draft a guy in the late 2nd or 3rd. We should target the best OT at #9 then. As for the #22 trade, way too much to move up 10 spots for a position that we do not need. 2 2nds a 3rd and a future top ten pick next year for #22? please.... 

that is all

Mastercheddaar

17 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah that would be ugly if Rosen did that. I do think it’s Darnold vs Allen as well. My thinking is Allen because it’s the Brown thing to do. But yeah I agree McCarron isn’t a starter. At least not in the Cleveland situation. 

He's not a starter on any of the 32 NFL teams. He's a backup for life. Exactly like Nick Foles will be. 

DOnt want to be a hater but you went a little crazy with the trades and alot are not very realistic especially both involving my Bills.....i dont see us trading up from 21 to 14 for a QB who is probably a 2nd round pick if were going to trade up its for Darnold or Rosen and we have the ammo to get up early if need be

On 1/11/2018 at 4:54 PM, Yo Momma said:

DOnt want to be a hater but you went a little crazy with the trades and alot are not very realistic especially both involving my Bills.....i dont see us trading up from 21 to 14 for a QB who is probably a 2nd round pick if were going to trade up its for Darnold or Rosen and we have the ammo to get up early if need be

QBS are all going to pushed up into the 1st due to so many teams needing 1. No one is going to trade with yous up to #2 or #3  for Rosen or Darnold thats more unlikely then trading up a few spots. 

On 1/16/2018 at 8:44 AM, IrishHooligan00 said:

OT are praised higher the OG, MCGlinchey will go before Nelson. Unless the QB Frenzy happens. Or if MIA or CIN is smart and drafts Nelson. If not he's going to tumble down the 1st round. 

Nelson is going top 10. Best Olinemen in this draft by far.

I posted this on a few others and wanted to include it for people like you willing to put the time into FA on top of Draft rounds (glad you're doing it!!).   The biggest $ on my mind is why everyone seems to have the Texans sitting on over $70 in Cap Space (after likely releases of Cushing and Jared Allen who are not needed and due way too much).  After trading our 1st and 2nd the Texans were very vocal (with McNair on stage) that they will make big splashes in FA this year.  Clowney will get extended, but still leaves over $50M.  A starting LT will be easy to bring in to protect DeShaun Watson and a Top CB is very likely to be something we overpay for with Jonathan Joseph walking.  Here is what I said previously:

----------------------

I like a lot of this. 

For the Texans though, they have already stated (which is unlike them) that with no 1st or 2nd rounders they are planning on making big splashes in FA.  They are expected to release Brian Cushing b/c they have 3 great MLBs and RG Jeff Allen who has been terrible.  This will bring the Texans to $70M in Cap room

I don't see any way the Texans go into the draft without a LT.  They just won't.  The new GM announced yesterday his top priorities right now are an extension for Clowney (likely close to $20M, which will bring us back to $50M in Cap Space) and the O-line.  Newton will likely play RG and Davenport RT and Nick Martin at C.  I think you are right (and it's not popular) but the Texans will Resign LG Xavier Sua'Filo.  He's a Pulling Guard which is hard to come by and important in our scheme.  These moves would allow us to draft an OG in the late 3rd for depth and resign Chris Clark for OT depth.  It allows us the freedom to not have to overspend in FA, and not be forced into a pick in the early 3rd.

I have seen interesting thoughts from a few that we may trade a 4th for Jared Veldheer the LT for the Cards.  The Cards have depth at OT and Veldheer is a one year rental coming off a season ending injury.  No way we pay more than an early 4th, but an interesting thought.  The new GM Gaine is a disciple of Rick Smith and Smith's main principal via draft if BPA, so he tries to bring in value FA's to fill all major holes Prior to the draft.  

Besides LT, our next biggest need is in our Secondary.  Jonathan Joseph is gone, Kareem Jackson is mediocre and Kevin Johnson struggled but shows signs. I think we bring in a Top Tier CB and let JJo walk.   I LOVE the addition of Kenny Vaccaro to the Texans.  I really hope that happens, and I believe we have the room.  It all comes down to if he wants to leave New Orleans.  The Saints have $30M in space and Brees I'm guessing will make a team friendly deal around $18-22M for one year.  Leaves room for them to keep KV if he wants to stay, but he's a Texas boy who went to UT, so there's hope!

I would say our Top need for Future multi round drafts IF we grab a LT and CB are :   TE (CJ Fiedorowicz likely to retire),  OL, DB.   In that order.  With our early 3rd rounder though, I think if someone falls we may surprise people and grab a top RB.  People will say we have Lamar Miller and D'Onta Foreman who looked studly last year, but his BEST CASE scenario is playing Week 10 of next year.  Lamar Miller is due over $7M in 2019, so I think he's released then.  That means between now and 2020 we will have 2 RBs for 6 games...and that's best case.  Only 1/3 RBs can come back to full form after a ruptured Achilles, so we may need an RB now!  Also Alfred Blue is gone. 

Great draft and hope people can use this info.

Archived