Divisional Round GDT: #6 Atlanta Falconies @ #1 Philly Footlongs

2 hours ago, Phire said:

Did we run RPO under Chip? I remember a lot of read options but not the run pass option. I don't even remember discussing run pass options at all.

Yea that was my point. What's wrong with Foles running RPOs? I don't think we can distinguish between an RPO and just a playcation just by watching the game on TV. Although, these options are almost exclusively run from the shotgun.  I don't remember RPOs under Chip. I could be wrong though. Hell, I don't even remember a lot of read option. I do recall his whole offense being zone read. I think people are getting the phrases confused. RPOs give the option to the QB to pass or hand it off. I guess they could run out of the pass option as well but I doubt it's designed. Zone reads are those plays the QB keeps it in the belly of the RB until the end crashes and then has the option to pull it and run it himself. And the read option is the same idea but with an option to pitch it or so.

Nothing wrong with Nick running RPOs. I don't know how familiar he is with them but he should run them to keep the LBs honest for sure. Especially considering we should be running the ball a ton and it only stands to help him get his receivers open. 

Yeah I'm pretty convinced that people are confusing the different options. I have pretty damn good memory and I can't recall a single discussion about the RPO aka RUN PASS OPTION when Chip was here. Like, ever. None. Zip. Zero. This wasn't even a concept I heard people use until very recently. 

RPO means the QB takes the snap, and has the option to hand the ball off, or pull the ball and throw it.

The read option we thought Chip would bring was the QB reading the DE and handing the ball off to the RB or keeping it himself, but not pull the ball and chuck it.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Yeah I'm pretty convinced that people are confusing the different options. I have pretty damn good memory and I can't recall a single discussion about the RPO aka RUN PASS OPTION when Chip was here. Like, ever. None. Zip. Zero. This wasn't even a concept I heard people use until very recently. 

RPO means the QB takes the snap, and has the option to hand the ball off, or pull the ball and throw it.

The read option we thought Chip would bring was the QB reading the DE and handing the ball off to the RB or keeping it himself, but not pull the ball and chuck it.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2016/2/19/11037174/chip-kelly-offense-101-constraint-rpos-packaged-plays-screens

its part of his offense you guys are the ones mistaken. 

3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Apparently the coaches told Fols to let it rip and be aggressive Sunday

We should all expect a 7 tuddie game or a 7 pick game. Hopefully good Foles shows up

I swear to God if Doug asks Foles or intentionally calls 40+ pass plays in a close game (not him in a come back down alot), I'm going to snap if we lose!

I believe the QB in Pederson wants to prove to the World Nick can run his Offense for 400+ 5TD! As a play caller running 40x for 200+ with modest but efficient QB numbers instead , doesn't have the same effect in his eyes, IMO. 

Be Magnificent Doug not a Moron, please.

Archived