Divisional Round GDT: #6 Atlanta Falconies @ #1 Philly Footlongs

44 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Every time I see this thread topic, I remember during the Rams game when I posted "Learn from Subway, never trust a Jared" and El Ramster go so triggered, I think I broke him :D

El Ramster is an animal. I remember way back in the day, I think it was 2007 or 2008, they had a rap battle thread and I was pitted against him. 

Not sure how old he was but I was 15-16 back then, the rap lyrics I was “spitting” were so freakin’ cringey lol

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/23689/how-an-overhaul-can-work-the-10-moves-that-made-the-eagles-contenders

Interesting article

some tidbits:

• 66% turnover rate from the roster that played in '15
  • #1 Trade for Wentz of course
  • All of "top 10" were moves to bring someone in, not the resigning of Cox? 

So instead it was just a less splashy FA spree, sort of like before but with smaller contracts and of course things working in your favor. 

1 minute ago, RBreezy said:

El Ramster is an animal. I remember way back in the day, I think it was 2007 or 2008, they had a rap battle thread and I was pitted against him. 

Not sure how old he was but I was 15-16 back then, the rap lyrics I was “spitting” were so freakin’ cringey lol

So you lost? 

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

10%

He like most coaches are stuck in believing what got them there is what they need to do for future success. 

The offense has already changed since Wentz went down. The problem is the offense they want Nick to run still isn't tailored to Nick's strengths (which are limited). The question then is whether Doug will change the playcalling again. I think it will. 

1 hour ago, Phire said:

The offense has already changed since Wentz went down. The problem is the offense they want Nick to run still isn't tailored to Nick's strengths (which are limited). The question then is whether Doug will change the playcalling again. I think it will. 

Eh I don't agree with that first part. Its been noted by our coaching staff and opposing coaches its the same offense. Misdirection screens, mirrored routes from our outside WRs, etc. There maybe an emphasis on how the game is called but definitely the same offense. 

any gadget plays? to be honest, i don't recall too many since Pederson took over. We had like a handful of end arounds in two years and that's it practically. no fake field goals/punts. no crazy formations. no running back throws. no flea flickers. nada. 

i need at least one trick play. :)

28 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Eh I don't agree with that first part. Its been noted by our coaching staff and opposing coaches its the same offense. Misdirection screens, mirrored routes from our outside WRs, etc. There maybe an emphasis on how the game is called but definitely the same offense. 

They're saying that in public because that's the standard appropriate response. Doug was never going to say "Yes, our offense will change with Nick Foles, we'll do X, Y, and Z" for obvious reasons. Wentz got multiple plays on every snap that he could choose from and audible to. We haven't seen that since he went down. That alone changes a fundamental dynamic of the way our offense operated. There are certain things Wentz did that Foles can't and the offense has changed to reflect that starting with the NYG game.

5 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Ramster is the only dude on this forum i have blocked. It's not even what he types, it's the way he types.

Like he types

this all the time

Archived