Contenders in 1 Off season Mock

Bobby816

New York Jets 2018 Offseason

Cuts:

Buster Skrine: disappointing Jets career.

Matt Forte: respect the guys career, but it’s time to go.

Mo Wilkerson: he isn’t worth 1/2 his salary anymore.

James Carpenter: we don't cut him until after the draft. We make sure we get a starting caliber OG 1st.

We cut a few small names and We head into FA with 111mill in cap space roughly.

Resign:

Quincy Enunwa: him getting injured might have been a good thing. It’ll save us a ton of money.

Morris Claiborne: when healthy he’s a good #2 CB.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins: finally using that talent God have him. Hopefully he can just get better and better.

Demario Davis: no player has earned a contract more than this guy.

Kony Ealy: a change of scenery has seemed to spark his career. Losing Mo means nothing with resigning him.

Chandler Catanzaro: he’s been a solid K for us.

Jonathan Harrison: backup center.

Terrance Brooks: good rotational safety behind our young guys.

Dakota Dozier: good OLine depth.

Julian Stanford: ST value.

(All these resigns cost between 35-40mill)

Free Agency:

Kirk Cousins: Guys like this don’t hit FA often. Redskins transition tag him and we price everyone out. He has a good 7yrs or so of high talent football left in him.

(5yr 175mill with 90mill guaranteed, 37mill in 2018.)

Trumaine Johnson: Claiborne is a good #2, Johnson can be that #1 we need. Love his size to be able to bang with big WRs. Very good tackler as well.

(5yr 65mill with 40mill guaranteed)

Ryan Jensen: Star Center that gives us stability this franchise loves at C. He will make the rest of the OLine better.

(5yr 60mill with 40mill guaranteed)

Draft:

1st: Bradley Chubb (Edge/N.C. State)

Last 2 times we drafted at 6 we were surprised who fell to us, no different this draft. I like this guy a lot as an edge rusher. Great size to mix with great athletic ability.

2nd: Sony Michel (RB/Georgia)

Michel is a do it all back. We need a go to RB that we've been missing for several years.

2nd (from Seattle): Mark Andrews (TE/OU)

Morton loves using the TE and Andrews is a good one. Andrews and ASJ make a good TE combo in 2 TE sets.

3rd: Martez Ivey (OG/Florida))

Ivey takes over for Carpenter. Adding Jensen and him start getting this OLine on track as well as Shell at RT.

4th: Dante Pettis (WR/Washington)

He's actually nothing special at WR. But he is on ST as a return guy. We are starving for a legit return guy and he is now that and adds some WR depth.

5th: Micah Kiser (ILB/Virginia)

Highly intelligent LB, makes tackles with great instincts. Not the fastest guy and that’s why he’s available this late. Playing alongside Lee, we can afford a drop in speed for instinct and tackling.

6th: Nik Needham (CB/UTEP)

ST guy and depth at CB. Likes to play press coverage.

7th: Maybe BA FB. Who cares it’s a 7th Rounder.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

New York Jets 2018 Offseason

Cuts:

Buster Skrine: disappointing Jets career.

Matt Forte: respect the guys career, but it’s time to go.

Mo Wilkerson: he isn’t worth 1/2 his salary anymore.

James Carpenter: we don't cut him until after the draft. We make sure we get a starting caliber OG 1st.

We cut a few small names and We head into FA with 111mill in cap space roughly.

Resign:

Quincy Enunwa: him getting injured might have been a good thing. It’ll save us a ton of money.

Morris Claiborne: when healthy he’s a good #2 CB.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins: finally using that talent God have him. Hopefully he can just get better and better.

Demario Davis: no player has earned a contract more than this guy.

Kony Ealy: a change of scenery has seemed to spark his career. Losing Mo means nothing with resigning him.

Chandler Catanzaro: he’s been a solid K for us.

Jonathan Harrison: backup center.

Terrance Brooks: good rotational safety behind our young guys.

Dakota Dozier: good OLine depth.

Julian Stanford: ST value.

(All these resigns cost between 35-40mill)

Free Agency:

Kirk Cousins: Guys like this don’t hit FA often. Redskins transition tag him and we price everyone out. He has a good 7yrs or so of high talent football left in him.

(5yr 175mill with 90mill guaranteed, 37mill in 2018.)

Trumaine Johnson: Claiborne is a good #2, Johnson can be that #1 we need. Love his size to be able to bang with big WRs. Very good tackler as well.

(5yr 65mill with 40mill guaranteed)

Ryan Jensen: Star Center that gives us stability this franchise loves at C. He will make the rest of the OLine better.

(4yr 60mill with 40mill guaranteed)

Draft:

1st: Bradley Chubb (Edge/N.C. State)

Last 2 times we drafted at 6 we were surprised who fell to us, no different this draft. I like this guy a lot as an edge rusher. Great size to mix with great athletic ability.

2nd: Sony Michel (RB/Georgia)

Michel is a do it all back. We need a go to RB that we've been missing for several years.

2nd (from Seattle): Mark Andrews (TE/OU)

Morton loves using the TE and Andrews is a good one. Andrews and ASJ make a good TE combo in 2 TE sets.

3rd: Martez Ivey (OG/Florida))

Ivey takes over for Carpenter. Adding Jensen and him start getting this OLine on track as well as Shell at RT.

4th: Dante Pettis (WR/Washington)

He's actually nothing special at WR. But he is on ST as a return guy. We are starving for a legit return guy and he is now that and adds some WR depth.

5th: Micah Kiser (ILB/Virginia)

Highly intelligent LB, makes tackles with great instincts. Not the fastest guy and that’s why he’s available this late. Playing alongside Lee, we can afford a drop in speed for instinct and tackling.

6th: Nik Needham (CB/UTEP)

ST guy and depth at CB. Likes to play press coverage.

7th: Maybe BA FB. Who cares it’s a 7th Rounder.

This looks great (although I think you might have meant 5 years on Jensen).

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

This looks great (although I think you might have meant 5 years on Jensen).

I did, I just fixed that. Since my numbers were rough... I wanted to add a WR like AR15, but not sure we have the money for that. Or even a G like Norwell. All depends on the contracts we give those big 3 guys I have us bringing in, on if we can bring in more than what I have listed.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I did, I just fixed that. Since my numbers were rough... I wanted to add a WR like AR15, but not sure we have the money for that. Or even a G like Norwell. All depends on the contracts we give those big 3 guys I have us bringing in, on if we can bring in more than what I have listed.

I think Ivey is going back to school btw

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well than BA OG there. One of Price, Hernandez, Ragnow or Wynn will be there if he doesn't declare.

Glad to see nobody has Nick Chubb on their draft list. This guy is horrible, in the biggest game of his life he runs 18 times of 25 yards for a avg. of 1.4 yards per carry. And catches one pass for -1 YARDS. At least we learn one thing tonight he is not for us.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Glad to see nobody has Nick Chubb on their draft list. This guy is horrible, in the biggest game of his life he runs 18 times of 25 yards for a avg. of 1.4 yards per carry. And catches one pass for -1 YARDS. At least we learn one thing tonight he is not for us.

It's 1 game lol

Just now, doumeyer said:

He was so bad he was benched on Key plays during the game.

Leonard Fournette against Alabama.

2016-  17 attempts for 35 yards.

2015- 19 attempts for 31 yards. (1 TD)

2014- 21 attempts for 79 yards.

LF has translated to the NFL despite poor numbers against a Saban defense. 

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t dislike Chubb at all, I just like Michel more. Mainly bc of his receiving ability. He can do it all. I see him as this drafts Kamara but with more skill running between the tackles.

I like Michel a lot too.  Hope we get him with one of our 2nd rounders.

Really like it. I don’t think I’ve seen a mock yet that I don’t think puts us in a position to be challenging for the playoffs. 

Like otehrs have stated, Macc really has to nail this offseason. With upwards of $100m to spend, the 6th pick, two second rounders etc He really has to get us in the playoffs. 

Chubb's performance in the big game might see him drop some in the draft, which could make him a value pick say with any of our selections outside the first three (Rd's 1 and 2). 

I prefer a more dynamic rusher too, but maybe a 1-2 punch of Chubb-Powell now, and Chubb-McGuire soon is good enough. Maybe.

Depends on the signal-caller, imo.

Archived