Dallas still running Romo offense

WizardHawk

I'd love someone to tell me what sort of BS this is?  Did they expect him to come back? What the hell did they (Garrett/Linehan) do from the point when they benched Romo to the point the 2017 season started.

This smells of inept, incompetent, garbage. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I'd love someone to tell me what sort of BS this is?  Did they expect him to come back? What the hell did they (Garrett/Linehan) do from the point when they benched Romo to the point the 2017 season started.

What kind of coaching staff tries to pigeon hole a QB into a scheme rather than create a scheme that suits your QBs strengths. Sounds like lazy coaching. I didn’t think Linehan was that stubborn and arrogant 

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’d be shocked, but, no.

We brought Linehan in to rev up the Romo friendly offense. He's been implementing it since before he was our OC, or playcaller. We let Murray go as part of the Grand design to get away from the run and let Romo loose. That's what we saw week 1 2015 against the Giants. The year Dunbar became relevant. Well his plan went to **** with Romos bones.

We did the same thing with Weeden. And Cassel. That's why Moore came in and looked better than both that year. And Weeden immediately won games in Houston. Dak I think we protected a bit during his rookie year, at first, riding Zeke.  But that slowly faded. The Packers playoff game was full Linehan, and we've been back at it ever since(Zeke being gone doesn't help). I said during our 13-3 year that Linehan was brought in for the Romo Friendly offense, and if Romo is gone he should go to. Not a fan of Linehan is my location in the archive forum. Maybe he feels the heat and will adapt, but nah. 

That T-Will contract was pretty dumb, as good of value as it seemed at the time. Obviously we couldn't do anything about Dez at that point (and he was coming off a pretty strong second half/playoffs, so why should we have), but we had to know Dak needed someone a little more skilled/versatile to play Z in this offense.

I'm still not convinced Linehan has complete control of the offense, though. If that were the case, why don't we throw the ball to our RBs more? SL did that all the time in Detroit, Zeke was an incredible receiver in college, and numerous teams around the league are making a killing with their RBs in the pass game. I know that seems like ****** **** for a hard-nosed, smash-mouth, run-first offense, but I mean, it works. Just doesn't add up that we can't even get Zeke to 40 receptions when Joique Bell and washed up Reggie Bush were getting 80.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

We brought Linehan in to rev up the Romo friendly offense. He's been implementing it since before he was our OC, or playcaller. We let Murray go as part of the Grand design to get away from the run and let Romo loose. That's what we saw week 1 2015 against the Giants. The year Dunbar became relevant. Well his plan went to **** with Romos bones.

And this is what really grinds my gears. Dallas F.O. lets Murray go as part of this grand plan for the passing attack, then the very next year they spend the #4 overall pick on a RB (basically ignoring their original plan) when the defense desperately needed help. Then to top it off, the team drafts an injured LB with the 34th overall pick who can't even play his rookie year, ignoring the healthy LB who would've been great insurance for Sean Lee at the Will position. 

And we wonder why this team always disappoints. It starts from meddling Jerry, all the way down to the incompetent coaches who will be allowed to keep their jobs. 

I mean, he was highly successful running that scheme his rookie year, so why wouldn't they expect him to be successful again? In hindsight and moving forward, yeah, it's not going to work the same way, and they need to make some changes. But after your rookie QB leads you to 13-3 with a 23:4 TD:INT ratio, why change anything?

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I mean, he was highly successful running that scheme his rookie year, so why wouldn't they expect him to be successful again? In hindsight and moving forward, yeah, it's not going to work the same way, and they need to make some changes. But after your rookie QB leads you to 13-3 with a 23:4 TD:INT ratio, why change anything?

True...but when you see that things aren't working...wouldn't you make adjustments?

Archived