2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

EDGE, IOL, WR would be the top 3 positions of need. CB could be in that conversation but you'd hope that's not the case with the young guys they've invested into that group the past few drafts(Randall, Rollins, King). Ideally we see improvement/breakouts from Randall and Rollins and King shows flashes

10 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Who are the EDGE guys worth watching this year?

Here is a group from a quick search on here that @CalhounLambeau has in the 2018 draft thread  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit#gid=739090724

Clelin Ferrell Clemson
Harold Landry Boston College
Arden Key LSU
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Oklahoma
Josh Sweat Florida State
Chad Thomas Miami
Duke Ejiofor Wake Forest
Bradley Chubb  NC State
Dorance Armstrong Kansas
Da'Shawn Hand Alabama
Peter Kalambayi Stanford
Jalyn Holmes Ohio State
Lorenzo Carter Georgia
Davin Bellamy Georgia
Tyquan Lewis Ohio State

Feels like with the number of draft picks GB will have going into the 2018 draft, a double dip at OLB is needed.  1 needs to be 1st or second round, and I would advocate for a possible move up in 1 or 2 to get 1.  Then grab another in the 3-4 range.  

Fackrell is still an unknown, and has not shown much yet

Biegel has the foot issue and is an unknown

Clay is well into the back 9 of his career

I think that they need to find another center as well.  The team was golden with Linsley and Tretter.  Now we have Linsley and maybe Don Barclay or maybe Lucas Patrick.  Linsley has only completed 16 games in one of his three completed seasons.  It doesn't need to be an early investment, but why not try in say the 6th? Get a guy that we don't have to train to snap the ball.

5 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I think that they need to find another center as well.  The team was golden with Linsley and Tretter.  Now we have Linsley and maybe Don Barclay or maybe Lucas Patrick.  Linsley has only completed 16 games in one of his three completed seasons.  It doesn't need to be an early investment, but why not try in say the 6th? Get a guy that we don't have to train to snap the ball.

Agree.  IOL is a position of need IMO.  find someone in that 3-5 round range that TT and the staff have done very well with through the years

We really don't have a future at guard right now.  Barclay, Evans, and Taylor are all on the last years of their contracts.  Maybe Kyle Murphy can play some guard? The more I look at it, the more I think a higher investment on the interior line is warranted.  Probably more than one pick too.  

Just now, DavidatMIZZOU said:

We really don't have a future at guard right now.  Barclay, Evans, and Taylor are all on the last years of their contracts.  Maybe Kyle Murphy can play some guard? The more I look at it, the more I think a higher investment on the interior line is warranted.  Probably more than one pick too.  

Not this again.  Can I just kill this talk right now before it starts?

Somebody who has let every single guard go that wanted a cent more than Thompson was willing to pay, somebody who let Rivera and Wahle go the second he got here, somebody who let Sitton and Lang go and all the other guards we've had over the years, somebody who's gotten Sitton, Lang, Taylor and all the other guards we've had in the fourth round and beyond is NOT going to be taking a guard in the first round. 

Higher investment on the interior line and you're looking at a third/fourth round pick, MAYBE second round pick, but you're probably not even looking at second round guards as long as Thompson and his pupils are running things.  It's just not a value pick when we get so much value there from later picks. 

Archived