2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree with your first 4, but I'd swap Davenport for Jackson. Don't see us being very high on Jackson.

That’s fair. I just think he meets every measurement they have for boundary corners. I get if people don’t like his style of play but I think when you take into consideration everything... I bet Jackson is a solid first on GB’s board.

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree with your first 4, but I'd swap Davenport for Jackson. Don't see us being very high on Jackson.

For some reason I have this feeling Washington is going to grab Davenport at 13. They lost Murphy in FA. Davenport makes a lot of sense there. 

26 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Man, I wish Fanspeak was real. :(

1.14 - Tremaine Edmunds | LB | Virginia Tech
2.45 - Carlton Davis | CB | Auburn
3.76 - Mike Gesicki | TE | Penn State
4.101 - DaeSean Hamilton | WR | Penn State
4.133 - Kemoko Turay | EDGE | Rutgers
5.138 - DeShon Elliott | SAF | Texas
5.172 - Isaac Yiadom | CB | Boston College
5.174 - Holton Hill | CB/SAF | Texas
6.186 - Kahlil McKenzie | DT | Tennessee
6.207 - Sean Welsh | OG | Iowa
7.232 - Jaleel Scott | WR | New Mexico State
7.239 - Oren Burks | LB | Vanderbilt

Every once in a blue moon I stop on that site and do a mock. It's always ridiculous lmao.

1.14 - Tremaine Edmunds | LB | Virginia Tech
2.45 - Mike Hughes | CB | UCF
3.76 - DJ Moore | WR | Maryland
4.101 - Lorenzo Carter | EDGE | Georgia
4.133 - Anthony Averett | CB | Alabama
5.138 - Uchenna Nwosu | LB | USC
5.172 - Kentavius Street | DL | NC State
5.174 - Kevin Toliver | CB| LSU
6.186 - Simmie Cobbs Jr | WR | Indiana
6.207 - Tyquan Lewis | EDGE| Ohio State
7.232 - Equanimeous St. Brown | WR | Notre Dame
7.239 - Austin Corbett | OL | Nevada

LOL imagine that draft. I got our day 1 starting RG at pick 239. 

Such a worthless site but it provides a good laugh.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I don't understand why it's so hard for it to actually become semi accurate. Or is that the point? So you keep doing it because of the dream scenarios?

Wouldn't surprise me. Site traffic means $$$.

34 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think I am pretty confident I have the packers pick down to 5 players given the moves and projections of players. In no order:

Derwin James, Harold Landry, Tremaine Edmunds, Vander Esch and Josh Jackson.

* I don’t believe Ward will be there for them. I think they would need to trade up in the top ten for him and that’s unlikely.

I'd love the guy but personally I don't see any chance in hell James makes it past Oakland and SF. He seems like a guy Gruden would absolutely love and SF will need to fill Reid's spot. 

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I don't understand why it's so hard for it to actually become semi accurate. Or is that the point? So you keep doing it because of the dream scenarios?

I don't know man, feels like a cool idea for a site. Their boards are so bad and their team needs aren't great either but they've been that way for years and there's no changing it.

Now it's just a fun joke to take up 10 minutes.

8 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Site traffic means $$$.

Of course.

They want to give all the draftniks some free candy so they keep coming back.... There's no reward for being accurate, but there is for being high traffic

free-candy-van.png

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'd love the guy but personally I don't see any chance in hell James makes it past Oakland and SF. He seems like a guy Gruden would absolutely love and SF will need to fill Reid's spot. 

I agree of the 5 he is the least likely. But you never know how position value plays out in the draft. He might fall.

ive seen mocks of guys I respect showing Ward, Nelson, Smith, Edmunds and Davenport all to those teams. Plus some have Alexander and Hughes getting up there as the second CB. So you never know.

10 hours ago, moretti19 said:

So if both Davenport and Landry are sitting at 14 who would you prefer taking and why? My pick would be Landry because of his bend and should be able to instantly be a threat to quarterbacks.

I'll take Landry, but I think it depends on what you're looking for out of your pass rushers.

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't know man, feels like a cool idea for a site. Their boards are so bad and their team needs aren't great either but they've been that way for years and there's no changing it.

I feel that first-pick is much more accurate when it comes to the board. You get too much in trades, but if you refrain from abusing them you can have a pretty “realistic” result 

10 hours ago, moretti19 said:

So if both Davenport and Landry are sitting at 14 who would you prefer taking and why? My pick would be Landry because of his bend and should be able to instantly be a threat to quarterbacks.

Yea same here. I like the bend. Davenport relies a bit too much on power for my tastes.

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

There are 10+ boards you can use, or the compilation.

Archived