2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

43 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If King went off the board maybe they don't move down? Maybe they had King, Watt, Foster (doubt it but who knows) all in a similar tier so that's why they moved down. With King gone they might've just stayed at 30.

I think that's probably the case.  You generally trade down for one of two reasons.  Either you're getting more value than you were giving up, or you have a relatively uniform board with multiple players with a similar grade.  The Packers got extra value out of their trade with the Browns, and you'd have to imagine that they had four or five players with similar grades as Kevin King at that point that they felt comfortable moving down and acquiring extra picks.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If King went off the board maybe they don't move down? Maybe they had King, Watt, Foster (doubt it but who knows) all in a similar tier so that's why they moved down. With King gone they might've just stayed at 30.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Oops I forgot the Hawks didn't have a 1st round pick.

On 9/23/2017 at 11:21 AM, CWood21 said:

No.  I think they were hoping that Kofi Amichia was someone they could develop, but he was even more raw than anyone (myself included) imagined.  Last year's OL class was pretty bad in terms of drafting the physical toolsets that Ted looks for.  I think @Cadmus had a table or something that showed it, maybe he can post it again.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587617

Does this work?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

My 2018 NFL Draft Database. 

Over 1,000 players. Player name links to college player page. Height/Weight links to NFLDraftScout prospect page. Report links to my Word Document background and eventual evaluation. 

If you have questions/additions/suggestions/etc PM me.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, jleisher said:

Hey, how would you feel if Green Bay took this four players rounds 1 thru 4, Marquis Haynes OLB Mississippi, K.C. McDermott T Miami, Auden Tate WR Florida St and Cody O'Connell G Washington St.?  

Marquis Haynes will never be on the Packers while Capers is the DC. 

Fackrell coming out at 245 needed add 10lbs to play in this defense.

Haynes is like 225 right now.

It's way too early for those kinds of statements. Bulaga and Clinton-Dix would have "never been available" at this point in their final NCAA seasons. Some people thought I was reaching saying I wanted McCaffery in the 1st last year. It's not going to end up looking all that much like you'd think the board would right now.

Maybe your right, but a lot changes between October and April

13 hours ago, spilltray said:

It's way too early for those kinds of statements. Bulaga and Clinton-Dix would have "never been available" at this point in their final NCAA seasons. Some people thought I was reaching saying I wanted McCaffery in the 1st last year. It's not going to end up looking all that much like you'd think the board would right now.

Maybe your right, but a lot changes between October and April

While I agree with you that a lot changes, Chubb is the type that rises (nice), the big athletic type. I'd bet that guy has a hell of a combine on top of having a great year. Clearly there is a lot more to the process, I know nothing about him off the field. But barring injury, I have a hard time seeing that player lasting long on draft night.

It's probably a good idea to look at the WR prospects potentially available late 1st to 4th rounds pretty heavily. Both Cobb and Nelson are entering contract years and Nelson has clearly started to lose a step. I fully expect Devante Adams to get a deal, but it's time to bring in some guys that have legit starting ability. Look for route running and consistency over pure athletic ability. We are looking for a guy that does the little things and probably has pretty productive volume stats.

Archived