2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd give up our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to pull Landry in  heart beat. 

We're going to move down with either our 1st or 2nd round picks IMO.  Part of me wants to move down, and then move back up from our 2nd.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We're going to move down with either our 1st or 2nd round picks IMO.  Part of me wants to move down, and then move back up from our 2nd.

Well, you just sit that part of you down and insure that they're gonna do as you say and still land the most dynamic playmaker available.....in the entire draft! :)

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd give up our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to pull Landry in  heart beat. 

If he is there at 28 we can easily (if the Steelers want to trade obviously) trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up. We can trade our 2nd and 3rd round comp pick to move into the 32 spot.

We are in position to do a Raji/Matthews type first round.

Maybe a Ward/Landry (CB/OLB) 1st round.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No thanks. We have 12 picks, thats more then plenty. I see us doing the opposite, maybe combining those 3rds to get another 2nd.

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No thanks. We have 12 picks, thats more then plenty. I see us doing the opposite, maybe combining those 3rds to get another 2nd.

Agreed, they need to replenish high round talent not over stock on guys, can easily move some of those comp picks & even a future pick to get back into the second

Yeah, I swear to Lombardi, if Gute trades down once in this draft and it isn't for a first round pick from a team like Cleveland or some other bottom dwelling, talentless team, I am starting the "Fire Gute" talk immediately.  Hell, if Gute even stays still in this draft and uses each of his 12 draft picks, I'm starting that club. 

Using 12 picks suggests that we don't currently have 41 players that should make our roster, and that's IF we don't sign any free agents.

We need to get an extra first, second, third or fourth round pick this year by trading up. 

Just now, pollino14 said:

I'd be down trading up for Landry or even Ward. I know we need a pass rusher, but Ward is going to be a stud day 1 IMO

This past year was the year of the rookie cornerbacks.  The universe won't allow back-to-back stellar rookie cornerback play, which means this is the year of the pass rusher.  Gotta capitalize on what the universe wants. 

13 hours ago, cannondale said:

Per Walters - as always FWIW

One prospect whose stock is on the decline is Boston College defensive end Harold Landry. Multiple teams sources told me that Landry belongs on the second day of the draft. They said that his senior-year tape was not impressive. Landry had a big drop in his pass-rush production and had some ugly games in run defense. 

Sources say that Landry is smaller than his listed numbers of 6-foot-3, 250-pounds. They say he is an inch or two shorter and weighs in the 240s, which makes him more of a linebacker body type for the NFL. Teams that run a 4-3 defense have concerns about Landry holding up on the edge, as he is very undersized to be a base end. Multiple team sources see Landry as a second-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. 

I'm starting to think we might not get our OLB in round one ... Landry seems like a 2nd .. Okorankwo seems like a 2nd.  We'll see how things shake out with Davenport and Key.  I'm thinking corners Mike Hughes or Josh Jackson might be the best on the board at #14.  I also think Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are possible targets at #14 if available.  

First level of talent goes until 12th pick (depending on the QBs).  We're going to trade our 1st and 2nd to Buffalo for the Bills 2- 1sts (21 & 22) and their 2nd rounder.  That would give us Harold Landry and Travarus McFadden. 

Otherwise it's Roquan Smith at 14.

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, I swear to Lombardi, if Gute trades down once in this draft and it isn't for a first round pick from a team like Cleveland or some other bottom dwelling, talentless team, I am starting the "Fire Gute" talk immediately.  Hell, if Gute even stays still in this draft and uses each of his 12 draft picks, I'm starting that club. 

Using 12 picks suggests that we don't currently have 41 players that should make our roster, and that's IF we don't sign any free agents.

We need to get an extra first, second, third or fourth round pick this year by trading up. 

I don't care if he stays put (we won't know if he tried to move up but got no takers) but I too do not want him to move down under any circumstances.  This is the first time in eons we've been in this position so we should take advantage of it!

32 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

First level of talent goes until 12th pick (depending on the QBs).  We're going to trade our 1st and 2nd to Buffalo for the Bills 2- 1sts (21 & 22) and their 2nd rounder.  That would give us Harold Landry and Travarus McFadden. 

Otherwise it's Roquan Smith at 14.

We all know some goofy GM (or 2) will surprise everyone and over reach for a player thus allowing good players to slide down the line.

58 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm starting to think we might not get our OLB in round one ... Landry seems like a 2nd .. Okorankwo seems like a 2nd.  We'll see how things shake out with Davenport and Key.  I'm thinking corners Mike Hughes or Josh Jackson might be the best on the board at #14.  I also think Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are possible targets at #14 if available.  

Well first of all, a rumor is a rumor. Obviously it's un-named sources. And we as Packer fans are way too early to make any conclusions. Gotta wait till after the combine and workouts before making any educated gueses

Archived