2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

No thanks. We have 12 picks, thats more then plenty. I see us doing the opposite, maybe combining those 3rds to get another 2nd.

I was speaking more in terms of maneuvering.  Maybe it's the negativity in me, but I'm not overly optimistic the board is going to shake out overly positive.  I think we're going to miss out on Denzel Ward, and the second-tier EDGE (read not Marcus Davenport) all have their fair share of issues.  If you trade down with say the Chargers and pick up a 3rd round pick, you can turn around and use that 3rd round pick and move up from our 2nd round pick.  Two picks inside the top 32 over two picks in the top 45.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I was speaking more in terms of maneuvering.  Maybe it's the negativity in me, but I'm not overly optimistic the board is going to shake out overly positive.  I think we're going to miss out on Denzel Ward, and the second-tier EDGE (read not Marcus Davenport) all have their fair share of issues.  If you trade down with say the Chargers and pick up a 3rd round pick, you can turn around and use that 3rd round pick and move up from our 2nd round pick.  Two picks inside the top 32 over two picks in the top 45.

yea that might not be a bad strategy, esp since alot of players have declared for the draft. that could make it a deeper class than usual. of course the senior bowl & combine could re-order things and change the situation.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Also - heard some "words of caution" about Josh Allen. Apparently accuracy isnt his forte and against tougher opponents he threw one (1) TD and eight (8) INTS.

So much for YouTube videos telling the whole story......

Who couldn't see the decision making problems with Allen from 1 Draftbreakdown video? Josh Allen is Jay Cutler on blow.

3 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Trust me, that's just the very tip of the iceberg. He throws some of the worst interceptions ever. His decision making is just crazy as hell at times.

Yeah well those YouTube videos can certainly be misleading. Highlight reels actually. Hey - whats the deal with the difference in the numbers one and seven on his jersey? They dont look like they match up? Wyoming a bit short on their football budget?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

If the draft played out like that GB would almost have to go Harold Landry (or Key or whatever pass rusher) at 14. That’s a lot of pass rushers in the top 10. Don’t know if you can take a chance letting  one go pass you at 14 and expect to even trade back into the1st or even higher up in the 2nd and get a solid pass rushing prospect.

MNPackfan32 I've seen Brett Favre throw interceptions  worse than those. Yes he isn't perfect, he may be raw, but he has the strongest arm in this draft and has some mobility. I don't see a John Elway, Payton Manning sure thing in this drat. But I do see 4 qb's that given the right coaching and a good attitude and work ethic on their part, will be good qb's in this league for a long time. 

2 hours ago, cooters22 said:

MNPackfan32 I've seen Brett Favre throw interceptions  worse than those. Yes he isn't perfect, he may be raw, but he has the strongest arm in this draft and has some mobility. I don't see a John Elway, Payton Manning sure thing in this drat. But I do see 4 qb's that given the right coaching and a good attitude and work ethic on their part, will be good qb's in this league for a long time. 

A strong arm is the most common reason for QBs to get overdrafted and fail miserably. Give me one that can read the field (the whole field, not half-field reads). If you cannot do that in the NFL, you fail.

15 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

I agree, but it depends on the deal. dropping from 15-22 would probably only get you 64th pick, unless you've fleeced the other team.  There are only so many snaps to go around for the players on your team and only so many roster spots. 

Dropping from 14 to 22 should get you Buffalo's second rounder also, #54.  Or, going the other way, you could package our 1,2,3 and move up to about 5th pick for the big Chubb.

Interested to know why people are so high with Edmunds. Athletically he reminds me of Anthony Barr however doesn’t seem to have great instincts. From a pass rushing perspective reminds me of Bruce Irvin however Bruce had way more experience rushing the passer. 

In regards to Davenport I believe he could be great if he is able to apply the coaching he gets. The combine will confirm his athletic ability which will be needed. 

At this point I would feel more comfortable with Landry because you know what you are getting 7-10 sacks per year but may need to not play every down. 

Thoughts? 

Lets say we miss out on Ward, Davenport and don't have first round grades on Landry or Key who do you think would be guys that GB targets at pick 14? Personally, if that was the case, I would like to take a look at a Calvin Ridley (I'm not looking to get into the WR in the first debate). If those players are gone/ not highly thought of, I really have no clue who they'd target. 

44 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Lets say we miss out on Ward, Davenport and don't have first round grades on Landry or Key who do you think would be guys that GB targets at pick 14? Personally, if that was the case, I would like to take a look at a Calvin Ridley (I'm not looking to get into the WR in the first debate). If those players are gone/ not highly thought of, I really have no clue who they'd target. 

I'd have to see a board of who's all available, but it's not the end of the world to trade back. 

Archived