2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I really, really don't think the Rams are regretting that decision AT ALL.  In fact, you could make the argument that Goff outproduced Wentz outside of passing TD, which is largely a situational stat.  There's no reason to think the Rams regret their pick.

We obviously look for very different things in a QB. Wentz is the 3rd best QB in the NFL behind Aaron and Brady. Goff might be around 10. Wentz was the MVP this year pre injury. He's clearly superior.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We obviously look for very different things in a QB. Wentz is the 3rd best QB in the NFL behind Aaron and Brady. Goff might be around 10. Wentz was the MVP this year pre injury. He's clearly superior.

Apparently.  Because Carson Wentz wasn't the MVP this year.  Tom Brady put up far superior statistical numbers.  Hell, I'd even argue that Alex Smith outproduced him.  You're including team record weighing far too heavily on this one IMO.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Apparently.  Because Carson Wentz wasn't the MVP this year.  Tom Brady put up far superior statistical numbers.  Hell, I'd even argue that Alex Smith outproduced him.  You're including team record weighing far too heavily on this one IMO.

Where are you getting far superior? He still had more TDs than both missing 3 games? He was the MVP this year. I'm sure most of this forum agrees with me.

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Where are you getting far superior? He still had more TDs than both missing 3 games? He was the MVP this year. I'm sure most of this forum agrees with me.

You take his production and put it on the Cleveland Browns and he’s not an MVP candidate.

Wentz > Goff, however Doug Peterson just created an offensive gameplan that allowed Nick Foles to put up 31 offensive points on the No. 1 scoring defense in the NFL. IMO, both QBs were elevated statistically this year due to their coaches. 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

First I've seen of Davenport and he made some decent plays. Perhaps an odd observation? He's got really skinny legs. Probably to be expected with a guy his size and age - but it might cost him in the power game - so he better be really fast. Dont be overly dismayed - a player who I'd noted the same trait was the Georgia kid Leonard Floyd. He looked skinny to me - but he's proven he's got NFL level speed. Not sure how CHI fans would rate his pick however: #9 overall in the 2016 draft.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Which games did you watch?

Stanford, A&M, ASU, Wash.

Pros: Midfield accuracy is very good. Deep ball drops in nicely. Nice spirals. Active feet. Knows how to set his feet and square his shoulders. Descent pocket awareness. Ability to read defense is good. Mechanics are drilled into his play everywhere imaginable.

Cons: Accuracy without his base set is no better than average. Serious problem moving backwards while throwing. Doesn’t have legs to make plays at the NFL level. Doesn’t throw the WR screen with regular accuracy. Lack of touch. Accuracy is irregular on short or pressures throws.

Archived