2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-–-iowa

The first round prospect improved his forty time from the combine by a full tenth of a second or more.  I’m told most watches had him in the mid to low 4.4’s with some timing him as fast as 4.42s, a marked improvement from his combine number of 4.56s.  Jackson also touched 40 inched in the vertical jump and reach 10-feet-3-inches in the broad jump.

6 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-–-iowa

The first round prospect improved his forty time from the combine by a full tenth of a second or more.  I’m told most watches had him in the mid to low 4.4’s with some timing him as fast as 4.42s, a marked improvement from his combine number of 4.56s.  Jackson also touched 40 inched in the vertical jump and reach 10-feet-3-inches in the broad jump.

He definitely isn't the bum some are making him out to be. 

6 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Others have said they had him in the low 5.5's but that is still good enough for him.

Isnt the system set up so that there's one "official" time?

Or does each team take their own then lie their a$$e$ off about it?

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Packers don't like this year's WRs ???

There is every type of receiver you could ever wish for. Smooth movers (D.J.Moore, Coutee, Ridley), speedsters  (Pettis, Chark and others with 4.43 speed or better), elusive guys (Pettis, Miller, Cain, Gallup), big guys (St.Brown, Sutton, Chark, Ateman), chunkier built guys (Washington, Sutton, Ateman). If you cannot find someone you like in that group, it's time to look elsewher for advice...........C'mon Zach, you can find a better answer than that !

Or... they could just want someone a little more NFL ready. Total guess work on his part.

We get to talking about pass rush moves a lot in these draft threads, there has never been a more disrespectful and flat out enjoyable rush move than the Reggie one arm club. I could watch this all day. Shame the Combine numbers from that era aren't archived. I'd love to know what Reggie could do athletically.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DustyEvely/status/977626684244537347/photo/1

18 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Josh Sweat is a freak.

Since his knee (ACL high school) seems fine now, he could end up a bargain to the team that takes him. He is athletic, has the measurables, 6'4", 251lb, 34 5/8/" arms, runs a 4.53 40, while his jumps reinforce his knee strength now (39.5", high jump, 10ft 4" long = 124"). He no longer wears the knee brace that he had on for his college career. One of his biggest knocks was that he was slow out of his stance - that matters much less at OLB than DE. There is a whole lot to work with here.

On NFL.com, his grade puts him at #137, right between the Packers comp 4th pick and their 5th (first pick in round 5), but I think he could be a bargain at the top of round four (Packers pick there at #101).

26 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Since his knee (ACL high school) seems fine now, he could end up a bargain to the team that takes him. He is athletic, has the measurables, 6'4", 251lb, 34 5/8/" arms, runs a 4.53 40, while his jumps reinforce his knee strength now (39.5", high jump, 10ft 4" long = 124"). He no longer wears the knee brace that he had on for his college career. One of his biggest knocks was that he was slow out of his stance - that matters much less at OLB than DE. There is a whole lot to work with here.

On NFL.com, his grade puts him at #137, right between the Packers comp 4th pick and their 5th (first pick in round 5), but I think he could be a bargain at the top of round four (Packers pick there at #101).

There ya go! EDGE/Pass Rush alternatives......so we can move up and take Edmunds!  :)

2 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

You see, I just dont get that. There's NO WAY, James in in Woodson's class. Woodson was a very good cover CB as well. I dont see James having that ability.

Yeah I really wish comparing players to Woodson would die. No one has been close to him for what he could do. Ramsey looks like the closest I can think of.

Archived