2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

6 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I'm cooling off on davenport. I don't want to get too picky but I would prefer a guy who can bend. 

Legitimate question, does he not bend or has he not displayed that?  I'd lean towards the latter, but I haven't dug into him as much as others have.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Legitimate question, does he not bend or has he not displayed that?  I'd lean towards the latter, but I haven't dug into him as much as others have.

I think it's a fair question. At this point though, I'm not sure how Key>Davenport could be a thing. Functional power/hands is a much bigger concern with Key, than bend is with Davenport. Then you talk about the difference off the field...

28 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

I think it's a fair question. At this point though, I'm not sure how Key>Davenport could be a thing. Functional power/hands is a much bigger concern with Key, than bend is with Davenport. Then you talk about the difference off the field...

If you feel Key's one trick is going to work better in the pros than Davenport's one trick, it's easy to make that call. I don't need either one of them to be a stand out speed and power rusher. I need one skillset they can win with. 

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you feel Key's one trick is going to work better in the pros than Davenport's one trick, it's easy to make that call. I don't need either one of them to be a stand out speed and power rusher. I need one skillset they can win with. 

Davenport has at least shown bend. I have seen 0 power/hands from Key, absolutely nothing. Can't run around NFL Tackles. 

1 minute ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Davenport has at least shown bend. I have seen 0 power/hands from Key, absolutely nothing. Can't run around NFL Tackles. 

I'm not making a call on either one until I see the numbers, I'm just telling you the thought process. And I disagree that elite speed guys can't run around NFL tackles. Von Miller does it. 

14 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Am I the only one that wants to double dip on pass rushers in 1/2?

I'll let you know April 26th-27. 

If we got someone like Key/Davenport/Landry and then took Hubbard/Carter/Ejiofor in the 2nd because they were BPA, I don't think anyone here would see an issue.

I'm not passing on any top 40 quality DB, WR or TE to take another rusher though.

Archived