Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

Not sure how I feel about Bradley. His first few years in SEA were pretty mediocre IIRC, but his last two were great. That being said, he had elite talent, having arguably the top FS and SS in the league and a top 2 CB as well. How much of it was just incredible talent and how much was just him? Went to Jacksonville and the defense wasn't great either, just seems more of a product of the talent around him rather than innovator.

50 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

In terms of Fangio

Make him assistant HC

Offer him top 3 DC money if not #1

If he turns you down, then you did what you could. Defensive players can’t be pissed and you move on to Bradley or Pettine.

I still like Bettcher as my next option provided he doesn’t get the AZ HC job. Any of those 4 though and I’m good. 

Now that the Bears have not reached an agreement with Vic Fangio in the exclusive negotiations window.. I have really been thinking of another option.. 

Rex Ryan! One of the best defensive minds in football, we know he cant be a head coach however he can create the atmosphere and deliver the on field execution to bolst a championship level defense. Rex has the personality and football acumen to create that "Monsters of the Midway"  attitude that will trickle down to the most mild mannered  players on that side of the ball. Another plus is that with him being away from the sidelines completely he has likely scoured other sidelines for defensive coaching talent another point of perspective would be great for a first time coach. 

Will Rex simply be too much for a first time HC and mild mannered franchise to handle? A big possibility. Or maybe he has learned from those mistakes and understands that headlines may not always be the best way to go.  

*Get a great defensive football mind and culture builder on that side of the ball

*We will be able to stick with our Hybrid 3-4 fronts

* Another strong coach on staff to help our rookie HC allowing him to focus on Trubisky

*Will the media and fanbase really reject the son of Buddy Ryan in this city? I highly doubt it.

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Not sure how I feel about Bradley. His first few years in SEA were pretty mediocre IIRC, but his last two were great. That being said, he had elite talent, having arguably the top FS and SS in the league and a top 2 CB as well. How much of it was just incredible talent and how much was just him? Went to Jacksonville and the defense wasn't great either, just seems more of a product of the talent around him rather than innovator.

Agreed.  I think I'd rather have Pettine over Bradley if Fangio doesn't stay.

Out of the available D-coordinators out there, who besides Fangio is best suited to call a defense that plays best to the strengths of the current personnel?

I wouldn't be opposed to the bears getting a 4-3 DC.  I think a transition back would be easy we take Farrell to play DE.  a LB corp of Flyod DT59 and Kwitkowski would be good.  Farrell - hick  -Goldman - Bullard/Robertson-harris would be a solid line. 

I have been following the Packers front office moves and things appear to be in free fall.  They hire a new GM and then the team president is going to personally oversea Mike McCarthy's staff.  Surprised Mike McCarthy wasn't canned too.   

5 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I think they will announce the Fangio signing during the presser, this sounds crazy but Nagy and Pace are safer than McCarhy right now.

we also have better defensive talent.

Again, if Fangio leaves he can go **** himself. He's re-built this defense from the ground-up. If he doesn't want to be here or if he wants to leave for some extra cash, to our God damned bitter rival, then **** him. Seriously. ****. him.

Damn dude that's harsh! 

He has done a pretty good job for us and restored credibility, and I belive he's one of the higher paid coordinators in the league. However, his HC was just fired (although unsure if they liked each other) and he was passed over for the job, then denied opportunity to interview elsewhere. On top of that his family is still in SF not here.  He has lots of reasons to leave and frankly I'd wish him well. If nothing else his zero-PR but still infomative answers to the press were a relief from Fox's tail eating nonsense.   

I really hope he stays, and we make it worthwhile for him.  If he does go up north, I definitely am dreading the GB games!  If I were Pace I would just take him for a slow drive about 15 miles west of Lambeau, not saying a word until you've driven past your 500th goddamn silo, then turn and say "all this... can be yours"  Resigned in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

Damn dude that's harsh! 

He has done a pretty good job for us and restored credibility, and I belive he's one of the higher paid coordinators in the league. However, his HC was just fired (although unsure if they liked each other) and he was passed over for the job, then denied opportunity to interview elsewhere. On top of that his family is still in SF not here.  He has lots of reasons to leave and frankly I'd wish him well. If nothing else his zero-PR but still infomative answers to the press were a relief from Fox's tail eating nonsense.   

I really hope he stays, and we make it worthwhile for him.  If he does go up north, I definitely am dreading the GB games!  If I were Pace I would just take him for a slow drive about 15 miles west of Lambeau, not saying a word until you've driven past your 500th goddamn silo, then turn and say "all this... can be yours"  Resigned in a heartbeat. 

Hell yeah it's harsh! Where's your sense of pride and ownership if you're Vic Fangio? He's getting paid, he's respected here, he has been told WE WANT YOU HERE, and his response would be "nah I'm going to Green Bay for $500k more?" I mean really? To me, that's a coward who never really was invested in his team or players (#overdramatic)

Seriously, if he wants to go back to Cali for family I get it. But leaving a defense you re-built into a top 10 unit for money? To go to GREEN BAY? GTFOH

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

Again, if Fangio leaves he can go **** himself. He's re-built this defense from the ground-up. If he doesn't want to be here or if he wants to leave for some extra cash, to our God damned bitter rival, then **** him. Seriously. ****. him.

You're being incredibly unfair to these guys.  Lets say tomorrow your companys biggest competitor reaches out to you and offers more money to go do the same job for them, are you turning them down?  Vic likely sees the writing on the wall that hes never getting an hc job, even though hes deserved a shot for quite some time.  The decision for him is likely going to come down to what makes him and his family the most comfortable.  Now the Bears should make it as tough as possible for him to walk away.  Offer him the highest dc salary in the league.  Give him an ahc title.  Whatever it takes.  But ultimately vic has to do whats right for vic.  If you chooses to go elsewhere i dont begrudge him, but id love to see him stay

Archived