Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

That would make me incredibly happy..... Oregon actually improved offensively the year Chip left and Mark was given free reign...  Also I was a pretty big fan of the aggressive style they had.  Finally, I'd add that I don't think Helfrich is a real HC candidate (he's the type that probably belongs at OC) so that could be a really ideal pairing long term.....

If Nagy lands Helfrich @ OC , retains Fangio @ DC, and lands Toub @ ST, that would be about as close to a dream scenario as I could imagine.

I would love us to make a run at Frank Reich...he is clearly not being viewed as a HC candidate...the Eagles more than likely wouldn't block the move so they could promote Flip to OC...he has worked with some quality QBs over the years as well as HC/OCs and would bring some different concepts as well as a good bit of experience.

Have heard some rumors of potential staff fits for Nagy that are good/interesting but the one spot I’ve heard nothing about- ST coordinator. That’s also a big hire & will require some creativity. #Bears
Now that is an interesting tweet from Leming...creativity could mean assistant HC title...would be amazing of Toub.

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:

McGlinchey is my draft crush.  Can Nelson play RT?

I believe he can, but not getting reps there will make the transition a bit bumpier most likely. If not for Stanley and McGlinchey he likely would have been an OT to begin with, like he was projected to be. But they got the best talent on the OL out there, and Nelson was a dominant guard. I think he is a stud RT, but I also feel Whitehair could be as well.

I think it was on the ESPN First Draft podcast, they were saying if a team needs OL, they may as well pick from a small bank of schools. It was something like Notre Dame, Iowa, Stanford, and I can’t remember the rest. It wasn’t completely serious, but there was some truth to it.

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

London is a solid hire at RB coach...if we can't keep Vic I would love Bettcher.

Bettcher is far and away my #2. And maybe 1a. Big fan of what that AZ defense has been under his watch.

If it’s Bettcher and not Fangio I wonder if that changes the fortunes of Marcus Cooper, seeing as he had his best year in 2016 under Bettcher. Probably not, but it’s at least worth consideration. 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Bettcher is far and away my #2. And maybe 1a. Big fan of what that AZ defense has been under his watch.

If it’s Bettcher and not Fangio I wonder if that changes the fortunes of Marcus Cooper, seeing as he had his best year in 2016 under Bettcher. Probably not, but it’s at least worth consideration. 

I hope not. His "best" in underwhelming. He had INTs but got burned even more regularly than when he was here.

Archived