Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

24 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't know about you but to me this report from Hub actually sounds believable.  As I mentioned earlier, I read a tweet from someone in the know who said that Fangio is posturing in an attempt to negotiate a better deal.  This is normal.  He is 59 years old and may never get a shot at a HC position in the NFL.  If I were him I'd be doing the same in an attempt to get as much money as I could as it could be a while before he is in a position like this again to negotiate a deal.  Relax people.

Agreed with this.  One thing we have not heard is Fangio's name being linked anywhere else (as far as I'm aware), apart from green bay but obviously they are no longer interested.  This sounds like him knowing that this is is best landing spot and just trying to ensure his future since he will not likely get a HC gig at this point in his career.

Does anyone know which teams currently have an opening for defensive coordinator?

Arizona - No head coach

Detroit - No head coach

Indianapolis - No head coach

NY Giants - No head coach

Seattle - Kris Richards let go

Am I missing anyone? Any other teams?

John McClainVerified account @McClain_on_NFL

The Bears are interested in hiring Texans offensive assistant Pat O'Hara as their new QB coach under Matt Nagy.

Looks like Ragone may not be staying after all.

Brad BiggsVerified account @BradBiggs 57s57 seconds ago

#Bears coach Matt Nagy and Pat O'Hara were QBs in the Arena League at the same time.

Interesting that the hires of Nagy, Helfirch and potentially O'Hara Trubisky will be getting the ball out his hand rapidly.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Biggs is reporting Fangio May be looking to join Shurmur in Arizona and that Bettcher would be interested in coming to Chicago.

Doesnt seem like this is going to get sorted out to Arizona picks a head coach.

A source said Cardinals defensive coordinator James Bettcher would be interested in talking to the Bears if the Cardinals don’t promote him to head coach. Bettcher clearly isn’t doing anything as long as he’s in play for the Cardinals’ top spot.

However, Bettcher has one year remaining on his contract and the Bears would have to request permission from the Cardinals to meet with the Lakeville, Ind., native who grew up a Bears fan. The Cardinals might want to retain Bettcher with their new head coach in the event he is not promoted and potentially could appease him with a pay raise. Former Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has urged the team to promote Bettcher.

We clearly are not Fangio's top choice, and he only will come here if his top choice doesn't offer him the job or doesn't get the job. It's BS and I say F him, move on if it's going to cost us another candidate.

Archived