Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

This sucks! I suppose Arizona does have more defensive talent but I just don’t get why Pat Shumer is more appealing than Nagy?

if we get the Arizona DC what is everyone’s thoughts ?

Fangio is likely bitter about being passed over in Chicago for 2 HC opportunities. He swallowed his pride and came to work for the guy that was picked over him last time, I'm not sure he wants to do that again.

5 hours ago, Nads786 said:

This sucks! I suppose Arizona does have more defensive talent but I just don’t get why Pat Shumer is more appealing than Nagy?

if we get the Arizona DC what is everyone’s thoughts ?

That we just got a whole lot more aggressive on defence. 

Jeff Hughes [DeBearsBlog] who was on Heistand and Helfrich is saying that today is the deadline for Fangio to decide and he thinks that it still gets done.

DaBearsBlog@dabearsblog
19m19 minutes ago 
Per multiple sources, today is the deadline for Vic Fangio and the Bears. The organization still expects him to return. Would be surprised if he did not.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Jeff Hughes [DeBearsBlog] who was on Heistand and Helfrich is saying that today is the deadline for Fangio to decide and he thinks that it still gets done.

DaBearsBlog@dabearsblog
19m19 minutes ago 
Per multiple sources, today is the deadline for Vic Fangio and the Bears. The organization still expects him to return. Would be surprised if he did not.

It's getting to the stage where if it isn't today I wouldn't want him.

I was listening to Speigel and Parkins yesterday and they were talking about how the Bears somewhat surprisingly seem to have had a really good plan for this coaching search and they deserve credit.

They came out organized and strong, got the Rooney Rule out of the way, having Ted and George with Ryan made it so they could move really quickly, and Ryan and Matt got dinner by themselves to lock things down.

Because of that they have made a strong push for Fangio, started getting really good coaches, while other teams are not even in the market.

It seems they had a plan and so far it is working well.

Just now, WindyCity said:

I was listening to Speigel and Parkins yesterday and they were talking about how the Bears somewhat surprisingly seem to have had a really good plan for this coaching search and they deserve credit.

They came out organized and strong, got the Rooney Rule out of the way, having Ted and George with Ryan made it so they could move really quickly, and Ryan and Matt got dinner by themselves to lock things down.

Because of that they have made a strong push for Fangio, started getting really good coaches, while other teams are not even in the market.

It seems they had a plan and so far it is working well.

Moon Mullin was hinting strongly that Pace is viewed as an up-and-coming GM. Future just might look bright... I will cautiously say I am a fan of that man leading our franchise. He needs to crush this draft and FA and I'll be all-in.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Moon Mullin was hinting strongly that Pace is viewed as an up-and-coming GM. Future just might look bright... I will cautiously say I am a fan of that man leading our franchise. He needs to crush this draft and FA and I'll be all-in.

Yep if he can crush this draft I will start being a fan. I desperately want the Bears to be a perennial playoff team in my lifetime.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

He didnt just hint at it, he flat out said it.  

This has been Epstein cubs stuff under Pace.  They declared the plan in the 2017 draft and have nearly executed it to perfection.  You can also compare the Wrigley upgrade and the Halas Hall upgrade.  Both facilities were woefully behind the times and needed massive upgrades to operations.  We just sat thru the bad times.  This was the 2012-2014 seasons.  Going young and not focusing on winning, but on player development.  This could b the 2015 cubs we are about to see surprising competitors as the young guys come into their own. 

Archived