Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So far Pace has done a stellar job in his coaching search. This is now twice he has been able to get Fangio to come here after he was beat out by someone else for the HC job.

Agreed.  This move ensures continuity with the defense which is always a good thing when you've seen the progression this D has made in the last 3 years.

Though I don't remember Fangio getting beat out by Fox for the Bears HC gig a few years ago.  You sure Pace interviewed him back then?  I recall him being passed over for Jim Tomsula in SF but not with the Bears up until this offseason whenNagy was hired.

As much as Vic runs a passive defence you can't argue against the results...very few 5-11 teams have a top 10 defence in scoring...maybe with all the exciting and innovative stuff I see us doing on offence having a somewhat vanilla yet solid D is exactly what we need.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed.  This move ensures continuity with the defense which is always a good thing when you've seen the progression this D has made in the last 3 years.

Though I don't remember Fangio getting beat out by Fox for the Bears HC gig a few years ago.  You sure Pace interviewed him back then?  I recall him being passed over for Jim Tomsula in SF but not with the Bears up until this offseason whenNagy was hired.

Ah, that might have been what I was remembering. I stand corrected.

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Now apologize for all the "F him's" you threw out there. lol

I've been critical of Fangio, but him and Donatell have been solid, maybe with more talent being added he can be a bit more aggressive.

Dude. You're 100% right.

Fangio and the Football Gods: I, G08, from the bottom of my black heart apologize for cursing THE defensive coordinator of our Chicago Bears.

May Halas have mercy on my soul.

Amen.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

Dude. You're 100% right.

Fangio and the Football Gods: I, G08, from the bottom of my black heart apologize for cursing THE defensive coordinator of our Chicago Bears.

May Halas have mercy on my soul.

Amen.

WELL DONE!

That was my second favorite prayer, behind the one these guys did, ya know?

the_boondock_saints__all_saints_day_1.jp

Archived