Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Love the resigning. Hopefully he’s willing to come out of his shell a bit with the lack of blitzing but so far so good. 

Improved talent will have an impact on that.

He blitzed more once the secondary settled in and established themselves a little.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Improved talent will have an impact on that.

He blitzed more once the secondary settled in and established themselves a little.

I don't know the specifics of the %'s but i'd like to see him turn in up a bit but like you said we need the talent.  I really want Minkah coming off the corner.

8 hours ago, G08 said:

Moon Mullin was hinting strongly that Pace is viewed as an up-and-coming GM. Future just might look bright... I will cautiously say I am a fan of that man leading our franchise. He needs to crush this draft and FA and I'll be all-in.

Just noticed...Furry is yet another former arena league player...in fact he caught passes from Nagy on the 2002 New York Dragons...

I wonder what we have planned for the strength and conditioning side of things because there is no way we want those guys back.

6 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Love the resigning. Hopefully he’s willing to come out of his shell a bit with the lack of blitzing but so far so good. 

If they improve the talent on the edge then blitzing will be far less necessary. Consistent pressure with 4 is gold in the NFL. This is why I really want a top pass rushing prospect in round 1 and/or round 2. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

If they improve the talent on the edge then blitzing will be far less necessary. Consistent pressure with 4 is gold in the NFL. This is why I really want a top pass rushing prospect in round 1 and/or round 2. 

I'm with you AZ. Pace goes for his guys, that's evident. If Chubb slides to the Jets at 6 I think it's a classic 2016 Leonard Floyd scenario where we jump TB. 

1 minute ago, pigsooie5 said:

I'm with you AZ. Pace goes for his guys, that's evident. If Chubb slides to the Jets at 6 I think it's a classic 2016 Leonard Floyd scenario where we jump TB. 

I’m inclined to agree with you IF the Jets have already addressed QB in FA before draft day. Outside of that I think they’d just take their QBOC at 6 so as not to have to worry about someone else moving to 7 or 8 to leapfrog them. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m inclined to agree with you IF the Jets have already addressed QB in FA before draft day. Outside of that I think they’d just take their QBOC at 6 so as not to have to worry about someone else moving to 7 or 8 to leapfrog them. 

Good point. I was thinking with TB having Winston and the Bears having Trubisky, they could still have their QB3 with a trade down from 6 to 8. I didn't consider the risk they'd take with someone trading up to 7. 

I still think it's a plausible scenario. Look at the 2016 trade for Floyd, Pace traded with TB to jump NYG and the Giants then selected a DB.... the same position as TB a pick later. They took the same chance were talking about. 

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Solid hire...another young up and coming coach...his dad was OC with the Giants for a long time and was pretty successful so has been around the game...as long as he does well with Shaheen we are all good.

I thought it was the former Jeff Fisher oc until you posted this.  

Archived