Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I don't think former players is what we need...give me highly experienced coaches.

No one is saying they prefer former players to be signed as position coaches, we're just saying everyone was gushing and hush hush over this news of Hiestand potentially becoming the Bears next OL coach?  Like I said, was expecting a bigger name but not at all unhappy with this move.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

No one is saying they prefer former players to be signed as position coaches, we're just saying everyone was gushing and hush hush over this news of Hiestand potentially becoming the Bears next OL coach?  Like I said, was expecting a bigger name but not at all unhappy with this move.

I don't know how much of a bigger name there is in OL coaching.  Hiestand is generally regarded as the best OL coach in college and a top guy in all of football.

Nagy is said to want to hire teachers - well he got one of the best for the OL.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I think he would be a quality hire...I think it's important to remember what both Pace and Nagy said at the presser...it's not just about coaches it's about how those coaches fit with each other...until the entire staff is built we won't have a great grasp on this...

Interesting that we still have heard zero about who the OC will be.

Archived