Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Hell yeah it's harsh! Where's your sense of pride and ownership if you're Vic Fangio? He's getting paid, he's respected here, he has been told WE WANT YOU HERE, and his response would be "nah I'm going to Green Bay for $500k more?" I mean really? To me, that's a coward who never really was invested in his team or players (#overdramatic)

Seriously, if he wants to go back to Cali for family I get it. But leaving a defense you re-built into a top 10 unit for money? To go to GREEN BAY? GTFOH

Honestly if the Bears let money make the decision, thats on them.  You cant fault vic for that.

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

Again, if Fangio leaves he can go **** himself. He's re-built this defense from the ground-up. If he doesn't want to be here or if he wants to leave for some extra cash, to our God damned bitter rival, then **** him. Seriously. ****. him.

Lets wait until we know what happens before we start cursing his name, ok G08?  Just take deep breaths...

Just now, TankWilliams said:

Lets wait until we know what happens before we start cursing his name, ok G08?  Just take deep breaths...

The word "if" plays a huge role, Tank.

Yuge.

Bigly yuge 

Just now, G08 said:

The word "if" plays a huge role, Tank.

Yuge.

Bigly yuge 

Meh, I'm with Superman on this one.  If the Bears don't make the deal good enough that he wants to go to GB, then thats on us, not him.  I wont be happy that he made that decision and I'd rather he go to a non-division rival, but from what it sounds, Fangio is interested in staying, and if we lose him its on us.

Just now, TankWilliams said:

Meh, I'm with Superman on this one.  If the Bears don't make the deal good enough that he wants to go to GB, then thats on us, not him.  I wont be happy that he made that decision and I'd rather he go to a non-division rival, but from what it sounds, Fangio is interested in staying, and if we lose him its on us.

That's cool. In answering his question I have left money on the table because I wanted to see a project all the way through (which I did and it was a hell of a lot more satisfying to me than a bump in pay). The best part? The company I stayed with gave me that bump in pay plus more.

To each their own. I just want a manager (and coodinators are managers) to be more invested in their job/team/roster than just money.

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

Again, if Fangio leaves he can go **** himself. He's re-built this defense from the ground-up. If he doesn't want to be here or if he wants to leave for some extra cash, to our God damned bitter rival, then **** him. Seriously. ****. him.

I agree.  he can go f himself.  He might dream of being a head coach but the league has past this guy by he is a career DC he needs to resign himself to that fact.  Plus if the bears offer him top 3 money and he goes to a packers who's head coach is on thin ice than yeah F him.

Well, we'll find out pretty soon.  I'm alerting the staties to be watching the border crossing for a guy in a blue jacket that looks like Blago, and anyone from Norwood Park!

There are departures where I have an active dislike for the leaver (Alshon, how could you hate living in Chicago and go to PHILLY?) but this isn't one of the times.  I think Pace would be willing to pay more to keep him, it's going to be up to him if he wants out.  Imagine if there's a chance of his staying he's meeting with Nagy right now. 

3 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Well, we'll find out pretty soon.  I'm alerting the staties to be watching the border crossing for a guy in a blue jacket that looks like Blago, and anyone from Norwood Park!

There are departures where I have an active dislike for the leaver (Alshon, how could you hate living in Chicago and go to PHILLY?) but this isn't one of the times.  I think Pace would be willing to pay more to keep him, it's going to be up to him if he wants out.  Imagine if there's a chance of his staying he's meeting with Nagy right now. 

Plus the lack of stability in Green Bay right now? WTF would he be thinking? Their front office is being shaken up, word is McCarthy is on very thin ice... but yeah I'm going to leave Chicago and this young, ascending defense.

I think Rodgers himself seems like he'd be a pretty cool dude and is fun to watch, but it has been an absolute RELISH to watch that team and staff get exposed without him.  

Kind of reminds me of a drag race, where your opponents car drops it's trans at the start after a ton of trash talk.   Keep rethinking that GB game. Think Fox would have stayed if the Bears had been good enough to de-Hundley?

I prefer we keep Fangio...if not give me AZ DC James Bettcher...3rd choice would be Gus Bradley...hear me out...yes he has had some good and some bad defences but what he would bring is that "Leo" defence...if you want the very best of Floyd he is perfect for that role...means Hicks can play both inside and out and puts another big body inside next to Goldman which builds a wall infront of DT59 to flow to the ball...we have some nice pieces to transition back to a 4-3 D should we choose too.

34 minutes ago, G08 said:

Plus the lack of stability in Green Bay right now? WTF would he be thinking? Their front office is being shaken up, word is McCarthy is on very thin ice... but yeah I'm going to leave Chicago and this young, ascending defense.

Mac is on anything but thin ice, people are looking at the changing structure all wrong. Mac wants to report to Murphy. His biggest complaint was that he didn't have enough of a voice about the roster under Ted. Now he has a guaranteed seat at the table with president and GM. Gute was his top choice for GM too. Next offseason I imagine he'll get a 4 year extension to match the GM.

I'm sure Packer fans are watching the Fangio thing unfold with the same eagerness you guys are. He's almost 60, so I think it will come down to how long he wants to coach. The closer he is to retirement the better it is for us because that's when you start getting impatient chasing rings. I know he's a Dom disciple so I'll be curious how he differs from Dom. He's clearly had more recent success.

May the best man/team win! Best of luck with the new HC, exciting for you guys to get some young blood, was never a fan of the original Fox hire.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Mac is on anything but thin ice, people are looking at the changing structure all wrong. Mac wants to report to Murphy. His biggest complaint was that he didn't have enough of a voice about the roster under Ted. Now he has a guaranteed seat at the table with president and GM. Gute was his top choice for GM too. Next offseason I imagine he'll get a 4 year extension to match the GM.

I'm sure Packer fans are watching the Fangio thing unfold with the same eagerness you guys are. He's almost 60, so I think it will come down to how long he wants to coach. The closer he is to retirement the better it is for us because that's when you start getting impatient chasing rings. I know he's a Dom disciple so I'll be curious how he differs from Dom. He's clearly had more recent success.

May the best man/team win! Best of luck with the new HC, exciting for you guys to get some young blood, was never a fan of the original Fox hire.

At http://bobmcginnfootball.com : under #Packers' new structural setup (the head coach reports to the president, not the GM), Pro Football Hall of Fame GM Ron Wolf says he wouldn't even have taken an interview in Green Bay.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Or you miss the playoffs because your defense is not good and McCarthy is fired next year.  He might gotten himself a seat at the table but he is on the clock now any failure will fall on him and him alone.  Which means one and done for Benedict Vic

19 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

As long as it is not about money I am fine if he leaves.

The Bears should offer him the top salary and match or beat what GB is offering.

If we do that and he chooses to leave than so be it.

I'll have a bad taste in my mouth and curse him as he leaves town.  that's just me

Archived