Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The dude lost...he had a losing culture where there was zero confidence amongst those players...if you can't bread that then you are a poor coach.

Even if I were willing to concede your point about there being "zero confidence amongst those players" (which I'm not), that still doesn't mean that he was was just stealing money from the Bears.  Dude has taken two different teams to the Super Bowl. He just couldn't get it done here -- but I believe he helped put in place a foundation for what happens next.

I credit Pace more for the locker room than Fox. Pace was the one who sent Marshall, Bennett, etc packing, not Fox. Pace is the one who signed guys to be leaders like Hicks, Trevathan, etc. Fox benefited from having a locker room with far less selfish and outspoken than during the Trestman days. Pace put the "high character" prerequisite on his drafted players (remember how he went after captains, leaders, etc) and FAs. 

Fox was still working I'm sure, not just letting his coords run the show, but he seemed to basically check out. We were competitive because the players' pride more than Fox's culture or connection to the players IMO. 

3 hours ago, IotaNet said:

Even if I were willing to concede your point about there being "zero confidence amongst those players" (which I'm not), that still doesn't mean that he was was just stealing money from the Bears.  Dude has taken two different teams to the Super Bowl. He just couldn't get it done here -- but I believe he helped put in place a foundation for what happens next.

This is a what have you done for me lately league...taking two teams to the superbowl means nothing...he has done very little to build something long term here.

4 hours ago, IotaNet said:

He had one of the all time great Front 4s in NFL history and a future HOF Wr in Carolina he still had a record below Lovies here without that talent.  He lucked into arguably the smartest qb of all time falling in his lap in Denver.  If you remove his 3 seasons with one of the GOAT qbs he made the playoffs 4 times in 13 years.  Foxy was great at riding on his reputation and being bad at his job everywhere.  

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He had one of the all time great Front 4s in NFL history and a future HOF Wr in Carolina he still had a record below Lovies here without that talent.  He lucked into arguably the smartest qb of all time falling in his lap in Denver.  If you remove his 3 seasons with one of the GOAT qbs he made the playoffs 4 times in 13 years.  Foxy was great at riding on his reputation and being bad at his job everywhere.  

Just to add to that he only had 3 winning seasons in his 12 years pre-and-post-Manning. Lovie had 5 winning seasons in 9 years, and was unlucky to miss the playoffs with a 9-7 and a 10-6 record both. I am still one who believes not just Lovie was better than Fox, but Trestman was as well. With Pace clearing out the locker room "problems" and getting talent, it would have likely been much better of a run with Trestman if Pace was the one acquiring the talent.

Not saying I want Trestman at all either, just stating he was better for us than Fox was IMO.

Archived