Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

They also are spending like the top 1%

but all it would take is a couple bad injuries in a row and the 500k might never be on the table again

He's gotten jobs after being the worst DC in football. He'll have a job.

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Or could it be thought he deserved a HC look from the organization and they went and hired some young kid? and now the best coordinator on you team can't even get a raise.

He's not going to be a HC. His personality just doesn't fit in the modern NFL its 100% honest all the time and a bit harsh. 

Just now, Nads786 said:

His personality just doesn't fit in the modern NFL its 100% honest all the time and a bit harsh. 

Have you ever heard Mike Zimmer talk? He called his whole offensive line soft in a press conference.

Also, maybe he doesn't fit, but does he think he earned the opportunity to be looked at by the organization for it? Turned the defense around, completely kept the Bears in games while the offense sputtered with a young defensive team, with some key injuries.

Have you ever heard Mike Zimmer talk? He called his whole offensive line soft in a press conference.

Also, maybe he doesn't fit, but does he think he earned the opportunity to be looked at by the organization for it? Turned the defense around, completely kept the Bears in games while the offense sputtered with a young defensive team, with some key injuries.

Well yeah. That's why we gave him an interview.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

and he didn't get a job he thought he deserved... now he is answering to a young HC and didn't even end up with a pay raise.

Pretty sure he's going to get a raise, but I think this is just kind of turning into an argument about hypotheticals.

Just now, G08 said:

Pretty sure he's going to get a raise, but I think this is just kind of turning into an argument about hypotheticals.

ok a raise, but he can get more elsewhere...

haha every conversation on here is basically hypotheticals, none of us actually know the inner workings.

I wasn't comin' over here to argue, I like stoppin' by and having a good convo about football stuff. Y'all are good people.

ok a raise, but he can get more elsewhere...

haha every conversation on here is basically hypotheticals, none of us actually know the inner workings.

I wasn't comin' over here to argue, I like stoppin' by and having a good convo about football stuff. Y'all are good people.

I think for me it's like, I can understand wanting more money, but just for the sake of BS'ing if Green Bay offered him $2,500 more after going back and forth negotiating, and the Bears said hey man we've got to cap out at this number because we're still paying John Fox who we fired, I think it would be ****ty if he left if only because of the work and effort he put in here with rebuilding this defense. That's all. The nitty gritty would be: where does your $$$ supersede your loyalty.

38 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think for me it's like, I can understand wanting more money, but just for the sake of BS'ing if Green Bay offered him $2,500 more after going back and forth negotiating, and the Bears said hey man we've got to cap out at this number because we're still paying John Fox who we fired, I think it would be ****ty if he left if only because of the work and effort he put in here with rebuilding this defense. That's all. The nitty gritty would be: where does your $$$ supersede your loyalty.

Point blank - if Fangio is Nagy’s guy then they can’t allow him to leave because of money. Period. If he’s your #1 then don’t even let him make that decision. “We’re going to pay you what the market will pay you to stay and work with this group that you built with complete autonomy.” If he leaves in that scenario then he never wanted to be here anyway. 

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed.  I think I'd rather have Pettine over Bradley if Fangio doesn't stay.

Out of the available D-coordinators out there, who besides Fangio is best suited to call a defense that plays best to the strengths of the current personnel?

With experience I would be all in on Pettine, then probably look at giving Pagano a chance to be the Assistant HC and DC. Give him near full autonomy of the defense. He got a ton of credit for fixing the pass defense in BAL when he became the DC and with several years as the HC he could easily now handle the requirements of being the DC IMO. Our scheme is versatile enough to be a 4-3 or 3-4, but that isn't much of a big deal as we will be in nickel half the time anyway.

To be completely honest I wouldn't mind poaching Mike Singletary from the Rams either. He is just an assistant with the Rams right now, so he has a few years as a HC, is a hell of a LB coach, and now has been able to work with Wade Phillips. I think he would be able to get pressure and be aggressive, which he was known for as a player and a coach.

In house I would be fine with Donatell being promoted if we look to a new DC. He knows the system and has been with Fangio since 2011 and knows the staff, and has helped the progression of all the DBs as all 4 had career years for themselves (I know Jackson only had this year, but it was a hell of a rookie year).

I am a fan of the work Nick Rapone has done in AZ with the DBs as well.

If Fangio leaves for GB then it would be kind of poetic to get Adam Zimmer from the Vikings, wouldn't it? Too young as I want a DC that has a lot of NFL experience and he is only 33, but still. What do you say @gopherwrestler?  lol

Jim Tomsula would be interesting but his HC debacle makes me wonder if he can be a solid DC or not. The allowance of social media breaks and easier practices sounds absurd to me for a HC to use, it sounds to me as if they were tanking all along, IDK. Maybe I am just a conspiracy theorist, but coming up with Harbaugh and Fangio it just seems like "less work" is a joke, not an option to give the players.

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

If Fangio leaves for GB then it would be kind of poetic to get Adam Zimmer from the Vikings, wouldn't it? Too young as I want a DC that has a lot of NFL experience and he is only 33, but still. What do you say @gopherwrestler?  lol

Honestly I think that would be awesome!

I don't see him taking over ever as our own DC anytime soon, and if he ever plans on moving up, he will most likely have to leave under his dads wing.

I think it would be cool to see both the Zimmers battling it out for a few more years in the Black n' Blue division!

Everything it sounds like he is becoming a great "coach". He has done really well with our linebackers and helping develop them.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Honestly I think that would be awesome!

I don't see him taking over ever as our own DC anytime soon, and if he ever plans on moving up, he will most likely have to leave under his dads wing.

I think it would be cool to see both the Zimmers battling it out for a few more years in the Black n' Blue division!

Everything it sounds like he is becoming a great "coach". He has done really well with our linebackers and helping develop them.

Kinda why he is someone who interests me. He grew up with a no BS hard nosed-coach/dad, obviously must have been baptized in the trenches since Mike  was coaching since before Adam was born. Might be a smart hire but I just don't think he has done enough to warrant the full autonomy over the defense that I want Pettine or Fangio to have.

I would LOVE to see that pair on opposite sides on a Thanksgiving game.

They meet at midfield and Adam says - "Not calling you dad anymore. EVEN IF THERE'S A FIRE!!!"

Archived