Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Kinda why he is someone who interests me. He grew up with a no BS hard nosed-coach/dad, obviously must have been baptized in the trenches since Mike  was coaching since before Adam was born. Might be a smart hire but I just don't think he has done enough to warrant the full autonomy over the defense that I want Pettine or Fangio to have.

I would LOVE to see that pair on opposite sides on a Thanksgiving game.

They meet at midfield and Adam says - "Not calling you dad anymore. EVEN IF THERE'S A FIRE!!!"

HAHA!

yeah, he is still "young" but there has to be a start to get moved up somewhere.

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Fangio will NOT be the DC in GB, because they are hiring Pettine.  Wonder if thats because they know Fangio is returning to Chicago, or if he just outright said no because its not an ideal situation for him to take over defensively.

This is good news only because I would have hated if Fangio went up there with those cheese cork soakers. I like Pettine but I hope that defense is garbage.

7 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I certainly hope Fangio is returning because I would say he and Pettine were the 2 best suited for the job.  I'd rather not miss out on both the top candidates.

Yeah I agree there... Gus Bradley does intrigue me a tiny bit, would have to watch more of the Chargers from this past season before I would want to cement that opinion.

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Big win for Nagy.

The defense is the one thing that works and you can keep momentum on that side of the ball.

Will help him gain immediate credibility with the defensive players too given how they feel about him. Keeping VF will also give us more clarity going to FA and the draft what our targets may be. 

Any chance we use Pace's Eastern Illinois connection and reach out to Tony Romo as a potential QB coach?

I know he doesn't have NFL coaching experience, but I look at the way Dak regressed this season and I wonder what kind of impact he could have.

13 minutes ago, bkokot said:

Any chance we use Pace's Eastern Illinois connection and reach out to Tony Romo as a potential QB coach?

I know he doesn't have NFL coaching experience, but I look at the way Dak regressed this season and I wonder what kind of impact he could have.

Pace and Nagy both started at the bottom.  They arent bringing in somebody who hasnt earned it into a high profile position.  Tony Romo would likely have to start as a quality control coach on this staff and i doubt hes willing to walk away from tv money for peanuts.

Honestly it's a good discussion to be had if Naggy should even call plays. I know that's partially why we brought him here. But it always seems to go wrong for HCs that do call plays at some point and they have to hand off play calling duties anyway. 

Archived