Coordinator News and Rumors

WindyCity

Did they let Ragone go? Because I actually think he deserves a lot of credit for smoothing Trubisky's transition into being able to play under center as quickly as he did. Since Nagy will function as a de facto QB coach anyway, I would not mind seeing Ragone return in the role.

44 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Honestly it's a good discussion to be had if Naggy should even call plays. I know that's partially why we brought him here. But it always seems to go wrong for HCs that do call plays at some point and they have to hand off play calling duties anyway. 

Not sure I agree with this.  There are many examples of successful head coaches calling plays like Mike McCarthy, Mike Zimmer, Sean McVay, Doug Pederson, Bill O'Brien, Gary Kubiak, etc.

In order to make sure they are utilizing Trubisky effectively and let him grow in the same system with continuity then I believe it is paramount that Nagy is the one running the show.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Why?  Hes been bad for years.  Are you looking to fill a bad coach quotient.

I'm looking at the offense he has coordinated... since 2012 he has had 5 top 11 scoring offenses.

Am I missing something? I don't follow the Seahawks that closely, but he's coordinated under Childress, has experience, and IMO would be a huge asset for Nagy.

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm looking at the offense he has coordinated... since 2012 he has had 5 top 11 scoring offenses.

Am I missing something? I don't follow the Seahawks that closely, but he's coordinated under Childress, has experience, and IMO would be a huge asset for Nagy.

Bevell knows QB play.  As a QB coach I think he'd be a fantastic get for this staff.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Bevell knows QB play.  As a QB coach I think he'd be a fantastic get for this staff.

That's what I'm saying... he has experience, he has coordinated top 10 scoring offenses, he's been in and won a Super Bowl, and he did this with a QB that has a similar skill-set to Mitch Trubisky (Wilson is more athletic, but not by that much). What's the harm here? 5 years under Brad Childress, who worked very closely with Matt Nagy in Kansas City... I'm sure he'll get a glowing recommendation.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I wouldn’t be upset if he was our OC personally. It’s still Nagy’s show but like you said he knows QBs. 

Re: Ragone we’ve all been talking about wanting guys who have played QB to be those developing our QB. Nagy fits the bill, but so does Ragone who was a QB at Louisville and had a cup of tea in the league as a backup after being a 3rd round pick. 

Jeff Dickerson was ESPN 1000 and he was talking about Fangio coming back. Apparently Fangio really liked Trubisky. He thinks he is a hard worker and is going to be a good QB and they have a solid relationship.

His point was that Vic probably expects the offense to improve.

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Jeff Dickerson was ESPN 1000 and he was talking about Fangio coming back. Apparently Fangio really liked Trubisky. He thinks he is a hard worker and is going to be a good QB and they have a solid relationship.

His point was that Vic probably expects the offense to improve.

I saw a ESPN scroll this morning that Rappaport (sp) is saying that Fangio is staying on as DC.

The best move we can make right now is to retain Fangio, Donatell, and Jay Rodgers.

I think Ragone is going to stick around as QB coach... noooo idea what we are going to be doing at OC, WR coach, or OL coach.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Not sure I agree with this.  There are many examples of successful head coaches calling plays like Mike McCarthy, Mike Zimmer, Sean McVay, Doug Pederson, Bill O'Brien, Gary Kubiak, etc.

In order to make sure they are utilizing Trubisky effectively and let him grow in the same system with continuity then I believe it is paramount that Nagy is the one running the show.

Mike McCarthy had to relinquish play calling atleast at one point. I think Bill O'Brien did as well. It's only a matter of time before Sean McVay and Doug Pederson have to as well. 

8 minutes ago, G08 said:

The best move we can make right now is to retain Fangio, Donatell, and Jay Rodgers.

I think Ragone is going to stick around as QB coach... noooo idea what we are going to be doing at OC, WR coach, or OL coach.

Jay Rogers staying? Why would that be great? Our STs is OK at best. I suppose for continuity but if we have a chance to upgrade I would.  

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

Mike McCarthy had to relinquish play calling atleast at one point. I think Bill O'Brien did as well. It's only a matter of time before Sean McVay and Doug Pederson have to as well. 

And why is that such a given?  I think you are just assuming they will based on others.

I'm pretty sure McCarthy is back to calling plays.  Ditto for O'Brien.

Archived