Favorite Playoff Game/Moment?

Kiltman

We've been incredibly fortunate to grow up as Eagles fans in a time with this many playoff appearances.
We no longer go full decades stuck in mediocrity...choosing to get our hopes a lot instead.

But anyways, since it's our playoff week...What are your favorite games, plays or memories of Eagles Playoff football?

After awhile I can add a poll of some of the more favorite ones to see which gets the top spot maybe.

OOE8CXP.gif?crop=1xw:1xh;center,center&r

Like most Eagle memories, it was just a road to heartbreak. But 4th and 26th was absolutely amazing at the time. Basically down to our last possession as a #1 seed in the divisional round, McNabb was sacked bringing up a 4th and 26 situation. He found Freddie across the middle setting up an Akers FG sending the game to OT where Dawk picked off Favre setting up another Akers FG sending us to the Conference game against Carolina. Still remember watching it and thinking there was not a chance in hell and just being left jaw dropped. Watched it at a bar and the place went insane. One of my favorite Eagle memories ever. 

I'd say it was the 2008 game against the Giants in the divisional round.

We needed a miracle to even get in the playoffs after a very rough 2008 regular season for the most part

With amazing McNabb moments like "There are ties in football?!?", and being benched so he could watch Kolb get 10 of his 30 concussions against the Ravens D.

But crazy enough, that garbage game tie let us take advantage of improbable losses by the Bucs and Bears to steamroll the Cowboys 44-6 for the 6th seed in the NFC.

The Vikings game was strong, but it was the following week that made it all the more sweeter.

sptp_cole-eli.jpg

amd-eagles-mcnabb-jpg.jpg

eli-manning-of-the-new-york-giants-passe

You could sense Eli and the Giants recoil from the impending buzzsaw that was the last Defense led by the late great Jim Johnson.
They controlled the game in the cold January afternoon, capitalizing on 3 turnovers by the Giants.

You had some prime Eli face all game with Yelling Coughlin as the cherry on top.

It was so much fun to not be expected to do anything and go back to back in games like that...almost pulling out the game in Arizona the following week 

Runner ups were

the 2004 Championship Game vs Atlanta: I was honestly too nervous to enjoy it all until it was clear we were gonna win it....it's 1a for me

the 2007 Wildcard game vs the Giants: I went to the game and the place was amazing. Like the 2008 season, 2007 had so may great moments to finish out the year. Garcia led the offense to the point where I think we all preferred him to a McNabb years and many injuries removed from the 2004 version. Ending Tiki's career with a loss in Philly was nice too.

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Like most Eagle memories, it was just a road to heartbreak. But 4th and 26th was absolutely amazing at the time. Basically down to our last possession as a #1 seed in the divisional round, McNabb was sacked bringing up a 4th and 26 situation. He found Freddie across the middle setting up an Akers FG sending the game to OT where Dawk picked off Favre setting up another Akers FG sending us to the Conference game against Carolina. Still remember watching it and thinking there was not a chance in hell and just being left jaw dropped. Watched it at a bar and the place went insane. One of my favorite Eagle memories ever. 

This is the answer for me too. I remember exactly where I was sat, my immediate reaction, my thoughts just before the play. A moment in time I will never forget.

Yep, I too remember exactly where I was watching when 4th and 26th happened.

The Eagles finally getting over the hurdle and wining the NFC Championship was pretty sweet too.  In that game, JJ just absolutely owned Mike Vick and the Falcons offense. Cemented by the Dawk hit on Crumpler, that play embodied that team.  Crumpler was a big dude but Dawk never shied away from anyone, still can't believe he actually held onto that ball though.

Has to be the 04' NFCCG. The prior two years were absolutely heartbreaking - losing to two inferior teams at home with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. I'm not going to count the NFCCG vs. the Rams in 2001 because the Birds were massive underdogs (on the road, no one expected them to win). To finally get over the hump in 04' was a magical feeling. The NFC was a joke that year but that doesn't discredit the domination of the Falcons in that game. I'm hoping that something similar happens this weekend.

Another one that sicks out is the 08' NFCCG when McNabb had that bomb to DeSean to take the lead. I'm obviously not going to talk about the end result of that game lol but the euphoria after that touchdown was pretty crazy because they were down in that game by a ton.

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

Yep, I too remember exactly where I was watching when 4th and 26th happened.

The Eagles finally getting over the hurdle and wining the NFC Championship was pretty sweet too.  In that game, JJ just absolutely owned Mike Vick and the Falcons offense. Cemented by the Dawk hit on Crumpler, that play embodied that team.  Crumpler was a big dude but Dawk never shied away from anyone, still can't believe he actually held onto that ball though.

giphy.gif

Was this hit that game too?

I remember Vick flailing in pain. 

To piggy back off Peter, one of the earliest playoff memories I have besides the Fog Bowl was a mid 90s Eagle team led by Rodney Pete. Somehow Rodney Pete was in the playoffs. I think we were just a middling playoff team but I remember it was at home, IIRC. Like 1995 or so. We hosted the Lions and Barry Sanders. We shut him down and picked off the Lions QB like 4 times or something and was winning at one point 50-7. Just an absolute slaughter. 

7 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

THIS!

Easily the best Eagles playoff play imo. Only Eagles play that even comes close for me is Miracle at the New Meadowlands, but that was obviously regular season. 

Unfortunately not many options for me. I can vaguely remember the 04 NFCCG and SB, but my interest/investment was so minimal it hardly registered. We're looking at 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2013 for me... only 2008 had a W. So it's probably going into the house of the defending champion, and NFC favorite, Giants in 2008 divisional and winning an outright gritty game. Asante's near pick six early set the tone and gave me the feeling we were not losing that one.

Although the week 17 game against the Cowboys that same season was essentially a playoff game, and that was probably my favorite Sunday ever.

Archived