Divisional Round! Saints @ Vikings! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Dome

22 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Case Keenum can suck a fat one with his skol chant when they were lining up. That was pure disrespect. Little prick.

Keenum wasn't doing it in the face of any Saints players. He was looking in the opposite direction. Most of the Saints players weren't even on the field. It was an amazing moment between him and the fans.

Oh, and 25 seconds earlier your coach thought it was a pretty cool idea to mock the chant while looking directly at the fans behind the Saints bench....

DTolF6RXUAATDz5.jpg:large

4 hours ago, Klomp said:

Keenum wasn't doing it in the face of any Saints players. He was looking in the opposite direction. Most of the Saints players weren't even on the field. It was an amazing moment between him and the fans.

Oh, and 25 seconds earlier your coach thought it was a pretty cool idea to mock the chant while looking directly at the fans behind the Saints bench....

Yeah, was the game over? Not 25 seconds earlier. And I don't really approve.

Once the game is over, last play's been run, go for it.

Good luck with Bridgewater next season.

20 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I think Case was just caught in the moment... Both of winning and also realizing that hes finally gonna get paid and have a home.

Too be honest, the ball wasn't even spotted yet.

Was at the game, fans were trying to start it, but like all other clapping, it can never be organized very well and everybody timing was off. Case just jumped in and everybody just followed along to him. Just happened to see that part of it on TV.

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Too be honest, the ball wasn't even spotted yet.

Was at the game, fans were trying to start it, but like all other clapping, it can never be organized very well and everybody timing was off. Case just jumped in and everybody just followed along to him. Just happened to see that part of it on TV.

I really have no issue with wjat either Case or Payton did... Both felt they had game in hand and its a emotional roller coaster in these games. A little classic ribbing to a bunch of heckling fans or joining in with a hometown celebration after a miraculous last minute win dosent make either a bad guy. Just clean fun IMO. 

I really don't think Keenum is a bad guy, I just thought it was tasteless. I do, however, I think it's funny that somebody came in here and tried to get me to defend Sean Payton. You know, the same guy that cost us the game by not running the clock out at the other end. Anyway whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I really don't think Keenum is a bad guy, I just thought it was tasteless. I do, however, I think it's funny that somebody came in here and tried to get me to defend Sean Payton. You know, the same guy that cost us the game by not running the clock out at the other end. Anyway whatever. 

Insult to injury... Rewatched the final quarter, on 3rd and 1 right before Lutz go ahead FG. Vikings DT Tom Johnson is CLEARLY lined up in the netural zone.

Missed call that would have changed the outcome of the game... What it tells me is that sometimes its just your year and sometimes its not.

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Please explain the hypocritical part. I don't follow that at all.

He's probably making the same assumption that I did. If we had won that game, no Saints fans are complaining about Payton doing the Skol clap to the opposing fans.  It's a double standard AKA hypocritical. Assuming that's what would've happened anyways, it's really a moot point because it's just speculation now. 

People were defending Paytons "choke" gesture to Freeman when he did that, why does he get a pass on being unsporting? 

We take a "group photo" after almost every defensive turnover, regardless of the score. If we already have the lead, shouldn't we be calling the defenders out for their celebration?

Most Saints fans probably chuckled when Cam Jordan sent Cam Newton a bottle of his favorite wine to celebrate the sweep. Read the comments those two exchanged leading up to that, it wasn't exactly friendly banter.

My point is, for some reason Case is getting crapped on (by some) for celebrating the biggest play and biggest football moment of his life, but I've literally never heard anyone complain about the Saints doing it and in fact it's even been defended at times. I see that as a double standard. 

But anyways, I'm done discussing it. At the end of the day you're either OK with Case or mad at him for it and this isn't the kind of debate that will get resolved, but if the players had done their jobs he never gets that opportunity anyways. 

I got no problem with what either of them did.  It's football, it's competition and trash talk is a part of it.  Sometimes it bites you in the ***, sometimes it doesn't.  If it were me, I wouldn't do it personally(or at least wouldn't start it), but I got no problem with it.  You see it everywhere, even at the completely meaningless softball tournament down the street, and it's not going away any time soon.  Just ignore it and go on about your business, or join em.  But no need to act like it's morally unacceptable or anything.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

He's probably making the same assumption that I did. If we had won that game, no Saints fans are complaining about Payton doing the Skol clap to the opposing fans.  It's a double standard AKA hypocritical. Assuming that's what would've happened anyways, it's really a moot point because it's just speculation now. 

People were defending Paytons "choke" gesture to Freeman when he did that, why does he get a pass on being unsporting? 

We take a "group photo" after almost every defensive turnover, regardless of the score. If we already have the lead, shouldn't we be calling the defenders out for their celebration?

Most Saints fans probably chuckled when Cam Jordan sent Cam Newton a bottle of his favorite wine to celebrate the sweep. Read the comments those two exchanged leading up to that, it wasn't exactly friendly banter.

My point is, for some reason Case is getting crapped on (by some) for celebrating the biggest play and biggest football moment of his life, but I've literally never heard anyone complain about the Saints doing it and in fact it's even been defended at times. I see that as a double standard. 

But anyways, I'm done discussing it. At the end of the day you're either OK with Case or mad at him for it and this isn't the kind of debate that will get resolved, but if the players had done their jobs he never gets that opportunity anyways. 

Preach. 

3 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Opinions vary. You'll never agree with my stance (on many things), and I'll stand my ground. That's why you're done discussing it, and that's fine.

Now, had someone pointed out Payton's antics (oh, they did, and I said I didn't like it) and I defended it, that is by definition hypocritical. However, I didn't defend it, in fact, I pretty much said the same thing I did about Keenum: I disapprove. So that's not hypocritical at all, it actually solidifies my stance.

There's all kinds of banter during a game, and I love it!!! Timing is everything. Even Payton's antics, that I didn't really like, happened before the game was won, and it was childish and pretty stupid. You ever had your nose rubbed in your own shiz. Ya probably didn't like it.

I won a championship, I walked to the center of the field and shook hands with my counterparts and congratulated them on a great season, and called it a game. When they were all gone, we hoisted that trophy with pride!!!! I'll walk my walk every day of the week, period.

Archived