Divisional Round! Saints @ Vikings! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Dome

2 minutes ago, mediumlebowski said:

What a ballgame. If you didn't have a rooting interest in one team or the other that is the kind of game that would make you a football fan forever.

As a Vikings fan, I've been on the receiving end of too many gut punches; total empathy to Saints fans. The Saints fought with everything they had and never gave up for a moment. The result is not defeat, but pride. Damn good ball team. 

Kinda wish I was down there commiserating with you guys, chewing an oyster Po' Boy. The only thing we're south of is freezing, by about 20 degrees or so.

Congrats on your revenge.  Favre throws the dumbest pick imaginable in 09, Marcus Williams makes the worst tackle attempt imaginable in 2017.

1 minute ago, mediumlebowski said:

I meant no rancor; sorry if it came across that way. I was trying to make a respectful comment.

Nah you’re good brother man... good luck the rest of the way

Ain’t even mad now. We way outperformed my expectations this year.

Youth is freaking great, we’ve got a hell of a team and we’re one of the youngest in the league.

getting drunk enough to convince myself to drop two fiddy on Kamara and Lattimore jerseys 

night saints fam.... sleep well 

Im not allowing the wiff tackle to overshadow the fact that Williams is a excellent young safety. Without his INT in the 3rd the Vikings likley beat us by 14 and the game is never even close.

No one will ever be able to convince me that if Sean Payton does not call timeout with 10 seconds to play we win that game. Payton made IMO one of the most idiotic bonehead coaching decisions Ive ever seen. I hope some reporter does there job and asks Payton his excuse for calling that TO.

4 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Im not allowing the wiff tackle to overshadow the fact that Williams is a excellent young safety. Without his INT in the 3rd the Vikings likley beat us by 14 and the game is never even close.

No one will ever be able to convince me that if Sean Payton does not call timeout with 10 seconds to play we win that game. Payton made IMO one of the most idiotic bonehead coaching decisions Ive ever seen. I hope some reporter does there job and asks Payton his excuse for calling that TO.

Payton made several extremely poor decisions that game.  It's disappointing to see.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Payton made several extremely poor decisions that game.  It's disappointing to see.

I've felt for a long time that Payton (just like McCarthy) is an overall average/mediocre coach that has been carried by a historically great QB. Take away Brees and I don't think Payton lasts 4 years. Great offensive mind and playcaller, but as a HC.... meh. A truly great coach (see: Belichick) with a HOF QB wins multiple rings. 

It is a shame that Brees is aging out just as the rest of the team is coming together. The defensive talent, Kamara and Thomas are going to be great for a long time. 

As a Vikings fan I wish you nothing but suffering for decades to come, but now that it is over, good game. 

34 minutes ago, Bootyzafa said:

It happened. Reap it.

37 minutes ago, Bootyzafa said:

Lmao! Bad officiating, really? C'mon, man! The real 'Aints D showed up!

@Bootyzafa, knock off the trolling.  If you want to celebrate your team's win, go do so in your team's sub-forum.  Coming into the sub-forum of a team that just lost in heartbreaking fashion to do little more than try to rile their fans up and be a poor winner isn't just against site rules, it's also pretty cowardly.

Any more of the above type of posting from you in here or directed at Saints fans elsewhere on the site and I'll be recommending you to Webby for a vacation to stretch through the remainder of the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I’ve said I think we should move on, even through this great season. His terrible game today will get overlooked because of a rookie making a rookie mistake.

He needs checks and balances. He’s a FANTASTIC OC who has probably benefited a lot from Brees success.

His success or failure without Brees will tell us all we’ve been wondering.

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I've felt for a long time that Payton (just like McCarthy) is an overall average/mediocre coach that has been carried by a historically great QB. Take away Brees and I don't think Payton lasts 4 years. Great offensive mind and playcaller, but as a HC.... meh. A truly great coach (see: Belichick) with a HOF QB wins multiple rings. 

It is a shame that Brees is aging out just as the rest of the team is coming together. The defensive talent, Kamara and Thomas are going to be great for a long time. 

As a Vikings fan I wish you nothing but suffering for decades to come, but now that it is over, good game. 

I think Payton was great for Brees in the first ~four years, but since then, he's been a liability IMO, and I liked the guy, I wanted to see him succeed, but too many dumb coaching decisions in important games.

Archived