Divisional Round! Saints @ Vikings! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Dome

"The 2011 Ravens lost the AFC Championship game, and then went on to win the Super Bowl in 2012. The 2012 Seahawks lost in the divisional round on the road to Atlanta. They used that as motivation to win the Super Bowl in 2013. The 2013 Patriots lost in the AFC Championship, and then went on to win the Super Bowl in 2014. The 2014 Broncos lost in the divisional round to Indianapolis, and then used that to go on to win the Super Bowl in 2015. And the 2015 Patriots lost in the AFC Championship to the Broncos only to come back and beat the Falcons for the 2016 title.

Seven out of the last eight Super Bowl winners dating back to the Saints in Super Bowl XLIV were eliminated in the playoffs the year before. Yes, the Saints lost a rough road playoff game in 2017. But they’ll be back in 2018."

This made me feel better. 

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

Fair enough....

Just curious though, how did you feel about Cam Jordan sending Cam Newton a bottle of wine after the Wildcard round?

Cam Jordan is a joker...I don’t think that Newton took it as malicious. They are both competitors and know each other well. 

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Cam Jordan is a joker...I don’t think that Newton took it as malicious. 

That’s fair, but do you think Case was being malicious? Or do you think he was probably very excited about being part of one of the biggest plays in recent playoff memory?

Just seems like there’s a double standard here. Like I said if the roles were switched I really don’t see anyone here calling the Saints players out for celebrating early. 

8 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

That’s fair, but do you think Case was being malicious? Or do you think he was probably very excited about being part of one of the biggest plays in recent playoff memory?

Just seems like there’s a double standard here. Like I said if the roles were switched I really don’t see anyone here calling the Saints players out for celebrating early. 

I don’t blame Keenum. He was excited and the crowd was excited. I give people mulligans for lapses in judgement when you have extremes in emotion like that. 

As much as this hurts, we're going and talented. We have such a bright future and I'm optimistic moving forward.

As for the Vikings reaction; I don't blame them at all. They were probably in a euphoric state. They just went on an emotional roller coaster and were just excited and decided to express their feelings. Who can blame them for that?

Also, the more I think about the loss the more I don't want the Vikings to advance any further. I also feel like it would be such a waste of a miracle if they didn't go on to win it all. I'm very torn on the matter.

4 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

I think Case was just caught in the moment... Both of winning and also realizing that hes finally gonna get paid and have a home.

1 hour ago, JMG5 said:

As much as this hurts, we're going and talented. We have such a bright future and I'm optimistic moving forward.

As for the Vikings reaction; I don't blame them at all. They were probably in a euphoric state. They just went on an emotional roller coaster and were just excited and decided to express their feelings. Who can blame them for that?

Also, the more I think about the loss the more I don't want the Vikings to advance any further. I also feel like it would be such a waste of a miracle if they didn't go on to win it all. I'm very torn on the matter.

Im rooting for Minnesota... I love Zimmer and how he approaches the game. The Vikings play HARD and fair. Think about it... While watching that team full of developed draft picks at all levels of the draft i found myself saying that if this was the team the Saints built id be proud of it.

By the way... Imma throw this out there for the millionth time, dam you Loomis I told you it should have been Kendricks over Anthony!!!

Just now, whodatworm23 said:

Tell me about it... The kid was a monstet at UCLA but because he was slightly undersized and Anthony was 6'3" 250 they went with potential over production.

POTENTIAL gets you fired in this league!

Jeff is here to save the day. Let's hope he continues having good drafts.

8 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Jeff is here to save the day. Let's hope he continues having good drafts.

Jeff was part of that draft... All be it his first draft and he came in on the back end and he had Rob Ryan on the staff. Rumor has it that the Saints really like Preston Smith from Mississippi State with that selection (who is a really good player for Washington now) who would have been great oppsite Jordan but Ryan was banging the table for Anthony whom he liked for his defense and knew through his brothers connection to the Clemson program. This is why Ryan ran the pro day at Clemson that year.

So had the Saints taken Smith and not Anthony at 31 they get a young talented bookend to Jordan, then they dont need to take Kikaha at 44... Guess who went 45th?

Eric Kendricks!

My what could have been.

36 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Jeff was part of that draft... All be it his first draft and he came in on the back end and he had Rob Ryan on the staff. Rumor has it that the Saints really like Preston Smith from Mississippi State with that selection (who is a really good player for Washington now) who would have been great oppsite Jordan but Ryan was banging the table for Anthony whom he liked for his defense and knew through his brothers connection to the Clemson program. This is why Ryan ran the pro day at Clemson that year.

So had the Saints taken Smith and not Anthony at 31 they get a young talented bookend to Jordan, then they dont need to take Kikaha at 44... Guess who went 45th?

Eric Kendricks!

My what could have been.

That was also the last draft with the old scouting department I believe. I could be wrong and that could have been the first draft for all of them together. Either way, there was a lot of dysfunction with our organization at the time.

21 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

That was also the last draft with the old scouting department I believe. I could be wrong and that could have been the first draft for all of them together. Either way, there was a lot of dysfunction with our organization at the time.

Your right

They were fired shortly afterwards

Archived