Divisional Round! Saints @ Vikings! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Dome

28 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I guess this wasn't Sean Payton's Swan Song Season after all, huh?

A lot has changed since week 1. I'm expecting a great game from both teams. :)

So, if Coleman and Mauti can't play, who replaces them?

We have Michael Thomas, Ted Ginn, Willie Snead, Alvin Kamara, and Tommylee Lewis. Coleman is a big bodied WR, but rarely uses it much to his advantage. If Willie Snead gets more looks, it might be addition by subtraction really as Snead has shown the 2 previous years to be a talented target.

Mauti isn't a loss. He knows the system I suppose, but outside of that I'm sure we could plug any free agent in there and get similar production if needed.

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I guess this wasn't Sean Payton's Swan Song Season after all, huh?

Payton struck gold with Kamara and Lattimore. Had it not been for these 2 guys, I fully believe we'd have seen the same 7-9 team as we had been seeing.

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So, if Coleman and Mauti can't play, who replaces them?

The Coleman thing seems fishy to me. I suspect they are holding him out as more of a "learn to protect the ball, Son" type move. Yeah, he's a big target, and has also fumbled at least 3 times in the last 3 (or so) games.

He's only been targeted 6 times in the last 3 games, so it's not a huge loss.

Mauti... no big deal either.

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Payton struck gold with Kamara and Lattimore. Had it not been for these 2 guys, I fully believe we'd have seen the same 7-9 team as we had been seeing.

The Coleman thing seems fishy to me. I suspect they are holding him out as more of a "learn to protect the ball, Son" type move. Yeah, he's a big target, and has also fumbled at least 3 times in the last 3 (or so) games.

He's only been targeted 6 times in the last 3 games, so it's not a huge loss.

Mauti... no big deal either.

Coleman is a good blocker...but otherwise he does more harm than good. 

18 hours ago, Bootyzafa said:

Vikes win by double digits, folks. Best D in the league vs a solid O. D wins. 

How about you make your Avatar a Fluer-De-Lis for a week if the 'Queens don't win by double digits.

BTW, your "best" defense (arguable) has only produced 14 int's and 8 forced fumbles. Good luck forcing Brees into another.

Jacksonville has the best defense in the league this year.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

How about you make your Avatar a Fluer-De-Lis for a week if the 'Queens don't win by double digits.

BTW, your "best" defense (arguable) has only produced 14 int's and 8 forced fumbles. Good luck forcing Brees into another.

Turnovers are extremely volatile, Minnesota D consistently shuts other offenses down.

Also bolded is just asking for trouble, all of us here know Brees is more than capable of getting us into trouble with bad picks. Please don't tempt fate :/

Vikings should win, I know this, but my optimism has been growing all week for whatever reason. Hopefully the disappointment isn't too crushing.

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Deal.

#1 in pts allowed. #1 in yardage allowed. Better record. The likely DPoY. All of that spells out NUMBER ONE DEFENSE. 

The Jags have a great D as well; just a notch below the Vikes.

Good luck to Brees trying to do anything tomorrow. Reality is a MF'r. 

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Good luck forcing Brees into another.

Oof. That might leave a mark. :P He's perfectly capable of making things easier on them by trying to do too much. Let's not encourage him.

Beyond that, the Vikings are both more healthy than us and playing at home. Ignoring our own week 1 matchup as irrelevant (and it is), we got destroyed in all phases by a very good Rams team a few weeks ago and that Rams team promptly went and got demolished in Minny. We are and rightly should be the underdogs in this game. The Saints are not as complete a football team as is Minny. But we have advantages. Brees is one of them. I regard Payton as another. Those two are dangerous in the playoffs. The Vikings look past us (and believe in the hype surrounding them) any their peril.

The flip side is that this defense is kind of built to stop us. They can completely take away our running game - they are worlds better at it than is Carolina - and force Drew to pass 60+ times just to move the ball at all. Do that successfully and it's hard to see how we win. BUT WE STILL CAN! You just have to believe enough. And, you know, make sure you're sitting in the right spot and watching the game from the right angle and all the normal stuff you do. 

44 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

Oof. That might leave a mark. :P He's perfectly capable of making things easier on them by trying to do too much. Let's not encourage him.

Beyond that, the Vikings are both more healthy than us and playing at home. Ignoring our own week 1 matchup as irrelevant (and it is), we got destroyed in all phases by a very good Rams team a few weeks ago and that Rams team promptly went and got demolished in Minny. We are and rightly should be the underdogs in this game. The Saints are not as complete a football team as is Minny. But we have advantages. Brees is one of them. I regard Payton as another. Those two are dangerous in the playoffs. The Vikings look past us (and believe in the hype surrounding them) any their peril.

The flip side is that this defense is kind of built to stop us. They can completely take away our running game - they are worlds better at it than is Carolina - and force Drew to pass 60+ times just to move the ball at all. Do that successfully and it's hard to see how we win. BUT WE STILL CAN! You just have to believe enough. And, you know, make sure you're sitting in the right spot and watching the game from the right angle and all the normal stuff you do. 

And Carolina handled Minnesota and we've been Carolina 3 times now...

Transitive property doesn't work.  Vikings should win but we do have a chance.

4 hours ago, Bootyzafa said:

Deal.

#1 in pts allowed. #1 in yardage allowed. Better record. The likely DPoY. All of that spells out NUMBER ONE DEFENSE. 

The Jags have a great D as well; just a notch below the Vikes.

Good luck to Brees trying to do anything tomorrow. Reality is a MF'r. 

Boy I love these newbies...rolling into the Saints forum, chip on his shoulder. You know he has something to prove. You go get'em kid. xD

Alright gentleman, you received your instructions in the locker room. I want a good clean fight. No low blows; kicking; butting; or gouging. Now touch gloves, go back to your corners, and come out fighting at the bell!

2 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

Boy I love these newbies...rolling into the Saints forum, chip on his shoulder. You know he has something to prove. You go get'em kid. xD

Just posting my opinions based on facts, stats, and other visual evidence. 

Oh, and yup... "I got 'em."

Archived