Divisional Round! Saints @ Vikings! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Dome

1 minute ago, JMG5 said:

I felt like our offense was overrated all year. This is very true today. 

No TE makes this offense feel so different. That and a lack of health on the offensive line has killed us all year. 

We overachieved this year. We improved much quicker than we expected, but it wasn't realistic for us to be the best team in the league all of a sudden. This group managed to go from being in some kind of purgatory to a being a division champion in one season. There's no shame in that.

Just now, NS922 said:

We overachieved this year. We improved much quicker than we expected, but it wasn't realistic for us to be the best team in the league all of a sudden. This group managed to go from being in some kind of purgatory to a being a division champion in one season. There's no shame in that.

I think season was a success. It's a great starting point for the future. We're young and should be able to continue to add more youth, and hopefully talented, players. I'm excited for the future. 

Just now, NS922 said:

Agreed. But it’s very frustrating that it came a day late and a dollar short.

If we hit on a QB we’ll be right back in the thick of things in no time, but that’s easier said than done. If we whiff in a QB or two or take some time to find “our guy” we might not have such a great surrounding cast.

This is the team we needed for years instead of going 7-9 like 6 times... now that we have it, it looks like Brees is toast and we’re gonna have to find a new offense anyways.

Pretty frustrating.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

If we hit on a QB we’ll be right back in the thick of things in no time, but that’s easier said than done. If we whiff in a QB or two or take some time to find “our guy” we might not have such a great surrounding cast.

This is the team we needed for years instead of going 7-9 like 6 times... now that we have it, it looks like Brees is toast and we’re gonna have to find a new offense anyways.

Pretty frustrating.

The QB position is the one thing I'm scared about. We're not just going to luck into another HOF free agent like Brees again.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Pretty frustrating.

Eh, Brees isn't toast quite yet, he was inaccurate on a few throws early and underthrew Ginn(like usual), other that he's been accurate.  The second pick was really bad luck with the DL blindly swatting, and the TD to Ginn gets called back.

The most disappointing aspect of this game to me [aside from the injuries and refs of course] is the fact that our offense has been moving the ball against this defense yet has zero points thanks to a sack & missed field goal, in addition to the Brees interception and dumb penalty negating a Ted Gin touchdown.

edit: touchdown Michael Thomas, argh those early missed opportunities sting.

Just now, JMG5 said:

Just think.. This could be 14 to 17.

Yep, that dumb penalty killed us.  The Brees picks hurt, but one was just really bad luck, and this is the best secondary in the league.  I like our chances against them at home.

17-17 actually, if Lutz makes the field goal.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Yep, that dumb penalty killed us.  The Brees picks hurt, but one was just really bad luck, and this is the best secondary in the league.  I like our chances against them at home.

17-17 actually, if Lutz makes the field goal.

If play a slightly better first half then we're right there with them. I just don't see us consistently driving on this defense.

Archived