WR Thomas Sperbeck

RB Russell Hansbrough

QB Sefo Liufau

C Josh Allen

T Korren Kirven

LB Jeff Knox

S Isaiah Johnson

TE Tevin Westbrook

There are some notable guys missing. Koetter likes versatile olinemen. Hawley isn't starting anymore, and he isn't as versatile as Evan Smith or Benenoch. So he gets the axe.

Charles Sims is the odd man out in a crowded backfield. The coaches love Barber and McNichols isn't NOT going to make the roster. The only way this changes is if someone trades for Dougie. And I can't see that happening before week three, if at all.

George Johnson is one of the most veteran guys on the team. But we've got leaders on the dline and solid depth in our young(er) guys. Russell is one of them, and he makes the team over Johnson.

Aguayo beats out Folk. This might be more hope than anything else. But he was coming on at the end of OTAs. I'm hoping he picks up where he left off.

I think Griffen sticks around for at least one more season. Unfortunately. I don't see the need in carrying three QBs. Especially a guy like Griffen.

Stevie T beats out Lambert and Siliga for the fourth DT spot. He's got that size that Smitty covets in his DTs. We've actually got some versatility at DT; both Baker and McDonald can play NT and 3-tech. That leaves Stevie as our only true NT.

Auclair beats out Westbrook and Cross. Cross was more of a FB, but Stocker can do that. He'll be one of the inactive players every week. But I think he makes it.

The practice squad is a bunch of guys that were around last and/or stood out in OTAs.

• 4 weeks later...

Welp. I was way wrong on Aguayo. I think it was half hope. 

Benenoch has kicked outside and seems to be the favorite for the swing tackle spot. And he might be thrown in as the starter depending on Dotson's groin.

Hawley looks to stick around as our backup center, while Evan Smith sticks around at LG.

Sims should stick around until week three. Who knows after that.

I think Reedy is on the fast track to make the team as a backup slot WR and returner. He had a decent game against Jax and everyone else has been invisible. Huff is another option, but I think he's more of an outside guy. He had a decent return against Jax too and that end around he ran went for 29 yards before a flag called it back.

JAB's injury has opened the door for McClain to make the roster as a reserve nickel CB.

Bond's injury has moved Beckwith to start at SAM and opens up another LB spot. Lynch, Brown, Knox, and Bullough are fighting for that spot. Maybe two if they can cover on special teams.

Griff was making Fitzmagic expendable before his shoulder injury. I'm curious how that's gonna play out.

Russell hasn't done anything of note. Neither has George Johnson, who I had right behind him. But with the Jacky Smith injury, both guys could make the team as depth. We need some help at DE. That needs to be a priority next offseason.

Fleming has probably earned a practice squad spot. He had that big pass break up on third down to help seal the game. He's the one who tackled Allen at the two, saving a sure TD. And he's flashed in practice. With the depth we have at RB Hansbrough might be the guy to go to make room.

On 8/19/2017 at 9:08 AM, bucsfan333 said:

Welp. I was way wrong on Aguayo. I think it was half hope. 

Benenoch has kicked outside and seems to be the favorite for the swing tackle spot. And he might be thrown in as the starter depending on Dotson's groin.

Hawley looks to stick around as our backup center, while Evan Smith sticks around at LG.

Sims should stick around until week three. Who knows after that.

I think Reedy is on the fast track to make the team as a backup slot WR and returner. He had a decent game against Jax and everyone else has been invisible. Huff is another option, but I think he's more of an outside guy. He had a decent return against Jax too and that end around he ran went for 29 yards before a flag called it back.

JAB's injury has opened the door for McClain to make the roster as a reserve nickel CB.

Bond's injury has moved Beckwith to start at SAM and opens up another LB spot. Lynch, Brown, Knox, and Bullough are fighting for that spot. Maybe two if they can cover on special teams.

Griff was making Fitzmagic expendable before his shoulder injury. I'm curious how that's gonna play out.

Russell hasn't done anything of note. Neither has George Johnson, who I had right behind him. But with the Jacky Smith injury, both guys could make the team as depth. We need some help at DE. That needs to be a priority next offseason.

Fleming has probably earned a practice squad spot. He had that big pass break up on third down to help seal the game. He's the one who tackled Allen at the two, saving a sure TD. And he's flashed in practice. With the depth we have at RB Hansbrough might be the guy to go to make room.

kinda hope we cut ties with Bond, i dont see anything from him and hes always hurt, IMO he doesnt offer much, and Glanton looks solid . think he makes it though because we have no depth

rooting for Riley Bullough 

think Fitz is going to get cut, hes been dreadful

agree with Reedy making the squad

also agree with our DE depth or quality all together, its bad, no one can get to the QB other than our Vet DT, thats sad , i was really hoping Barnett would drop to us, oh well

i wonder what FA DEs will be available next year

Glanton is an off the ball LB. He's the same size as David. Bond has shown well when he's healthy. But he can't stay healthy.

I agree Fitz should be cut. But we don't have anyone behind Jameis with Griff being hurt.

I was hoping for Barnett too.

Ezekiel Ansah, Aldon Smith, Connor Barwin, Aaron Lynch, Demarcus Lawrence, Kony Ealy, Jeremiah Attaochu, and Trent Murphy are a few guys that will be UFAs. It's not exactly an all star group.

Koetter has shown a lot of love for Sims, so I don't think he is going anywhere.  I think the Cleveland game will show a lot how they feel about Barber.  Certainly agree McNichols has a lot to learn.  I just think he has the most to offer in the passing game being a former WR.  

I just have my concerns that he'll get claimed if cut.  They're probably going to keep 3 RBs and maybe a FB on the 53 man roster.   

Reedy has a good shot at 5 WR if he can continue to catch the ball on returns.  

Archived