Packers hire Mike Pettine as Defensive Coordinator

marky mark

Surprised they did this without at least speaking to Fangio or even Gus Bradley, 2 guys they were looking at interviewing. Guessing that meant he blew them away with his interview. I can dig it. Wonder what assistants Pettine brings in to fill his defensive staff out and whether guys like Whitt/Perry, etc stay with the team

3 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

Why on God’s green earth would we hire anyone from Cleveland?

(source...I live outside of Cleveland).

5 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

ZR90_f-maxage-0.gif

Not sure why anyone would hate this move, am I missing something? Dude had CLE at 7-4 until he was forced to roll with Manziel, that alone should put him in the HOF. Had a Top 5 Defense every season he was a DC, what's to dislike?

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Surprised they did this without at least speaking to Fangio or even Gus Bradley, 2 guys they were looking at interviewing

Must have wow'd them. I'll say this about Pettine. If you looked up "bizarro Dom Capers" I think you'd see a picture of Pettine.

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Surprised they did this without at least speaking to Fangio or even Gus Bradley, 2 guys they were looking at interviewing. Guessing that meant he blew them away with his interview. I can dig it. Wonder what assistants Pettine brings in to fill his defensive staff out and whether guys like Whitt/Perry, etc stay with the team

How do you know they didn't speak to them?

Archived