Seahawks Fire OC Bevell

goldfishwars

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I guess, but if he's going to go off script, how much of a difference does it make in the passing game?

My guess would be that if better plays are called, he wouldn't have to go off-script more often.

Plus, you're probably less likely to see things like this:

and these:

8 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

My guess would be that if better plays are called, he wouldn't have to go off-script more often.

Plus, you're probably less likely to see things like this:

and these:

If Wilson is going to play within structure, then he won't be the same guy. You just agreed that he would be the same guy.

I also don't understand how the terrible blocking on those plays is the fault of Bevell. I'm not saying he's good at his job, but I am saying that he might be better than many claim and is a scapegoat for Seattle's lack of talent at certain spots on offense.

Just now, jrry32 said:

If Wilson is going to play within structure, then he won't be the same guy. You just agreed that he would be the same guy.

I also don't understand how the terrible blocking on those plays is the fault of Bevell. I'm not saying he's good at his job, but I am saying that he might be better than many claim and is a scapegoat for Seattle's lack of talent at certain spots on offense.

Wilson can be the same guy and play within structure. Plays break down naturally, but if Wilson doesn't have to scramble on every other play, it will benefit that team in the long term, given his success statistically in the pocket.

The terrible blocking on those plays may not be the result of Bevell, and may be the result of Tom Cable's "coaching", but things like that were a common occurrence under Bevell, along with terrible screen plays, atrocious red zone play calling (it took Bevell 2 full seasons to realize that all you need to do is split out Jimmy Graham and throw him contested catches inside the 5 yard line...), etc.

12 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Wilson can be the same guy and play within structure. Plays break down naturally, but if Wilson doesn't have to scramble on every other play, it will benefit that team in the long term, given his success statistically in the pocket.

The terrible blocking on those plays may not be the result of Bevell, and may be the result of Tom Cable's "coaching", but things like that were a common occurrence under Bevell, along with terrible screen plays, atrocious red zone play calling (it took Bevell 2 full seasons to realize that all you need to do is split out Jimmy Graham and throw him contested catches inside the 5 yard line...), etc.

No, he can't be the same guy if he's playing within structure. That would be a completely different playing style.

Wilson is not great within the pocket. He's too short to see open guys and isn't as good at manipulating throwing lanes to make plays in the pocket. His stats in the pocket are pretty pedestrian. I'm too lazy to find them but maybe someone else will post them. 

The past on the first page of this thread with the fan crying will be freaking hilarious if they hire cable as their oc

Archived