Seahawks Fire OC Bevell

goldfishwars

Just now, N4L said:

Wilson is not great within the pocket. He's too short to see open guys and isn't as good at manipulating throwing lanes to make plays in the pocket. His stats in the pocket are pretty pedestrian. I'm too lazy to find them but maybe someone else will post them. 

The past on the first page of this thread with the fan crying will be freaking hilarious if they hire cable as their oc

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/25929/russell-wilson-has-been-nfls-top-statistical-qb-when-not-under-siege

From 2012-2016, Russell Wilson was #1 in DVOA when not pressured:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/quarterbacks-and-pressure-2016

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/17169/five-numbers-behind-russell-wilsons-historic-season

TL;DR --> His stats from the pocket are among the league's best.

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Another example of fans overrating a QB.  Wilson's own teammates think it's Wilson more than it was Bevel.  Wilson is not the Superman people suggest he is. 

I don't follow the Seahawks very closely, but, from what I've seen of him, Wilson looks pretty darn good.  Bevel, on the other hand, was the definition of mediocre when he was with the Vikings.  For that reason, it doesn't surprise me to see he just got fired from another team.  IMO, Wilson is a much better QB than Bevel is an OC.

4 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I would say good decision to fire but with Sark and Cable being mentioned as candidates to replace him....yikes...

Sark is already a no via Dan Quinn. Cable is the only guy left and there's already lots of talk of him being on the way out, too. If they replace Bevell with Cable...phew.....what a horrible decision.

41 minutes ago, showtime said:

Tom Cable has received permission to join Jon Gruden's staff in Oakland.  As far as Bevell being fired, I'm perfectly okay with it.  The Seahawks need a fresh offensive perspective and Bevell's play calling was questionable at times. 

I don't think the offense is going to change that dramatically under a different OC. Wilson is still going to scramble and try to play off structure. It's just how he is as a QB, and what makes him so hard to play for and against. His height is definitely a disadvantage inside the pocket, unless he learns to somehow be more like Drew Brees in terms of pocket presence.

53 minutes ago, showtime said:

Tom Cable has received permission to join Jon Gruden's staff in Oakland.  As far as Bevell being fired, I'm perfectly okay with it.  The Seahawks need a fresh offensive perspective and Bevell's play calling was questionable at times. 

DO NOT WANT.

2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

The first two links you are posting are 'when not pressured' which is not 'inside the pocket' 

The last link is an article from after the 2015 season. Is this really the best you can do to show that Wilson is a good pocket passer? icon_lol.gif 

I know I didn't exactly make a case as to why he isnt a good pocket passer other than stating the issue that his height creates in seeing passing lanes, but its been known for a few years that the way you try to beat wilson is to keep him in the pocket. Your rushers cant get too far upfield. Ive seen film reviews where he has guys open but he cant see them because there are lineman in the way. 

TLDR you still havent proven anything

Archived