Seahawks Fire OC Bevell

goldfishwars

3 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

So is the argument that Bevell has gotten worse as a player caller? Because he's been Wilson's OC this entire time, correct?

Honestly, I think there's a lot to be said for having a very effective run game as Bevell/Wilson had earlier in Seattle.  I think that likely masked a lot of deficiencies that have been exposed now.

2 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

So is the argument that Bevell has gotten worse as a player caller? Because he's been Wilson's OC this entire time, correct?

Honestly, I think there's a lot to be said for having a very effective run game as Bevell/Wilson had earlier in Seattle.  I think that likely masked a lot of deficiencies that have been exposed now.

This is definitely true. With that being said, you did see how amazing Wilson is when he did not have a good running game. It just wasn't a formula for sustainable success. If they can get back to having a semblance of a running game, you'll see the Seahawks deep in the postseason again.

8 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Only thing i wanna know is if Cable punched anyone on the way out...

On the real tho, doesnt matter who the OC or OL coach are if Schneider wont add talent to the O-line or backfield.

I read somewhere that Cable had a loooot of influence on the O-line draft choices. Which has obviously been quite terrible.

Just now, ThirtyOne-EightyNine said:

I read somewhere that Cable had a loooot of influence on the O-line draft choices. Which has obviously been quite terrible.

Ive hated Cable for over a decade. Ever since he was an o-line coach and then head coach for us. Never saw what made him so great. His system is nothing special and has alot of flaws. He was the offensive version of Rob Ryan for us for a long time.

Archived