NFL.com's Power ranking for QB's for the upcoming 2018 draft!

Iamcanadian

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000904646/article/final-cfb-qb-power-rankings-of-2017-season-mayfield-no-1

I still believe Darnold and Rosen go 1/2 in this year's draft. Mayfield will have to wait to see his measurables at the Combine, before we know his rankings, he could come in anywhere from 5'10" to 6'1"??? Jackson should go top 10, maybe even top 5!!!

Thanks for posting this. I like Mayfield and think he's going to be a good 1 but I don't think he's the best player available for the draft. I'm also not convinced the Browns go QB at #1 either. Think they wait until #6 to get a QB in this -the year of the QB- and go BPA at #1.

They are put out by a former pro scout, so I think you have to take them seriously, however, the scout has said that Mayfield's measurables from the Combine, are the most awaited news in the draft process, as his height is a huge question mark!!! What he is saying is that Mayfield ranks really high based on talent, but if he comes in under 6', he'll drop way below those others on the list.

Also, the draft process is still far from over and the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Days will still decide a lot of prospect's fate, especially small college players and juniors, who can really take huge steps up or down during the post season draft process. Many scouts and GM's do not like to waste a lot of time on juniors prior to their declaring and really only begin to really study their tape hard once they declare. Until then, they only do a superficial look.

Archived