Can't Fight This Thielen Anymore

swede700

In many ways, Thielen embodies everything the Vikings have become in a campaign where they finished the regular season at 13-3, won the NFC North and earned a first-round bye before this week's divisional playoff game against the New Orleans Saints. He's scrappy, undaunted and willing to do whatever it takes to succeed. 

"Adam is like a lot of guys we have," Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said. "He's a great competitor and he's got a great heart. I was joking with somebody the other day about him because sometimes during games, when he comes over and talks to me, he reminds me of (former Dallas Cowboys Hall of Fame wide receiver) Michael Irvin. He's never covered. He truly thinks he can get the ball and beat anybody."

http://www.nfl.com/labs/sidelines/adam-thielen/purple-reign.html

So glad to have been wrong about him. Way back in the early Thielen days I was on the "He's just a guy" train, and that his special team production was replaceable, especially if we could get a receiver with more upside. He's got to have the most ROI of any receiver in the league right now, which is a testament to his ability and work ethic, as well as the front office's ability to recognize and develop talent. 

I'll be sporting the jersey again this weekend.

Oh, I can't fight this Thielen any longer
I just love watching Adam catch the throw
He started out undrafted but grew stronger
I only wish that Laquon could follow

I told myself he was just a special teamer
A wasted roster spot was my biggest fear
'Cause he wasn't catching passes as a receiver
Now he's making receptions
And bringing Super Bowls back here

Though it's Keenum and not Ponder 
DB's can't keep him in sight
He does double moves and go routes
Better than Jarius Wright
And a Super Bowl's closer than we ever thought it might

And I can't fight this Theilen anymore
I've forgotten what we drafted Treadwell for
It's time to watch another score
And maybe forget 84, forever

'Cause I can't fight this Theilen anymore
I've forgotten what we drafted Treadwell for
And if he has to catch a couple more
Solidify the receiving corps
Baby, I can't fight this Theilen anymore

5 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

So glad to have been wrong about him. Way back in the early Thielen days I was on the "He's just a guy" train, and that his special team production was replaceable, especially if we could get a receiver with more upside. He's got to have the most ROI of any receiver in the league right now, which is a testament to his ability and work ethic, as well as the front office's ability to recognize and develop talent. 

I'll be sporting the jersey again this weekend.

I'm fairly certain the main guys who were strongest in his corner were the ones who saw him terrorize the NSIC. Myself and rpm for sure, maybe one or two more? That being said, even this season has surprised me.

Archived