Wolf to Cleveland

Toddfather

10 minutes ago, craig said:

Last month, the top four guys in the Packers scouting office were TT, Gute, Wolf, and Highsmith.  

Now only Gute is left, as a full-time guy.  

TT is still in the front office. I expect him to be heavily involved in personnel.

2 hours ago, Haha21 said:

Watch Cleveland turn this all around in a couple years and you will be able to thank the Packers for that. 

Not so. Unless your claiming Dorsey as a GB guy. I dont.

CLE is already well set to "turn it around" (as you say). Although their Owner remains a total loser - they've put actual "football people" in place to run a football organization. What novel thinking! Had a nice draft last year - have a boatload of picks this year - and a ton of cash to spend. Now that Dorsey's making decisions and not some analytics nerd - they should do just fine.

I mean I understand why he would be pissed, we blocked him for two GM interviews he was an early favorite for and then didn't hire him.

That said, losing him, Highsmith and Gute from our scouting department is huge. I don't want to just promote all 3 positions from within. We've got 2 guys in line for a promotion, give them Wolf's job and Highsmith's job, but as far as Gute's job in charge of college scouting, I'll be very disappointed if that doesn't go to Scotty M.

Don't blame him for leaving.  But losing him will hurt, just like losing Schneider, McKenzie, Dorsey, etc. before them hurt.

Have to feel this is a bit of an emotional decision by him.  And I don't blame him, but I almost have to wonder if he wouldn't have been better off staying for another year and then going for a GM gig next year.

2 hours ago, Haha21 said:

On a side note, I would like to see Scot McCloughan added to our front office with the loses of Highsmith and Wolf. He comes from the Ron Wolf tree and has a history with us. I think he would be a great addition.

I would be surprised if he got back into the business, at least for the time being.  I'd imagine there's a pretty good severance package from the Redskins, and he's working without much stress right now.

3 hours ago, Haha21 said:

On a side note, I would like to see Scot McCloughan added to our front office with the loses of Highsmith and Wolf. He comes from the Ron Wolf tree and has a history with us. I think he would be a great addition.

The drunk guy? 

Wasn't really impressed by Elliot Wolf.  He was pretty high on some guys that busted out.  He's also young.  I think the Packers made the right decision here.  It does hurt just a few months before the draft losing all of our guys.  Oh well have to get some new blood in the ranks.  

Archived